Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 02:18 PM

Default \"POP\" at End of Exported Files?

Hey Folks,

I just exported some regions as files (Original session is 24 bit @ 48K WAV) using that feature in the region bin. I'm exporting them as 16 bit, 22K WAV files (for use with a proprietary software system for phone-on-hold), and all of the files have a distinct "POP" at the end. I've done this same procedure numerous times in the past with no problems at all. It's just "suddenly" started happening, and I can't figure out why. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, what was the fix?

Thanks for your help.

http://www.gidakdigital.com
Old 05-25-2006, 08:16 PM

Default Re: \"POP\" at End of Exported Files?

Can't tell you why but try doing a simple fade at the tail end of the file. Sometime I run into weird anomalies like you described and that has been my work around.
I know this over simplifies the issue but ... it works for me.
Hope this helps.