Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2005, 11:39 AM

Default PTLE - Upgrading from version to version

Lets say I buy a used mbox with 6.4 ptle. Do I have to pay to upgrade to the latest version?

Sorry if the above seems abit dumb. I'm new.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: PTLE - Upgrading from version to version

Not if you buy it new. You mail in for the upgrade.

If you look around on the site you will find it.

Welcome to the DUC!
Old 01-09-2005, 04:03 PM

But if you buy it USED then yes, I would think. Unless the person you buy it from has bought it after september 25th I guess it was. Then he could get you the update for free.
Or am I wrong here?
j
Old 01-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Administrator

You would need the previous owner to request the free update to Pro Tools LE 6.7 if they qualified, then give it to you with the core system. Purchasers of used systems would not qualify for the free update, as it says on the 6.7 information page, only new purchasers from an authorized dealer would qualify:
http://www.digidesign.com/news/detai...?story_id=1663
That page is linked from the Customer Service section of the website

But if the previous owner qualifies for 6.7, they should apply before the transfer of ownership has been completed, and include 6.7 with the sale.

From the Registration & Transfer of Ownership page in the Customer Service section:
http://www.digidesign.com/support/cs/reg/
Quote:
The Pro Tools license is included with Pro Tools core hardware systems and cannot be sold separately (this includes any upgrades to the Pro Tools software). If you sell a core system, the included Pro Tools license then becomes the property of the new owner, and all future update and upgrade rights are transferred as well.

The seller is responsible for providing all Pro Tools software and Pro Tools authorizations for that software that should be included with a used core system. If the current software and authorizations were not included, the buyer must purchase a Pro Tools software upgrade from the DigiStore or an Authorized Digidesign Dealer. All purchased Pro Tools upgrades are complete installers that do not require previous installation of Pro Tools or registration, either to purchase or install the Pro Tools upgrades.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:51 PM

What factors are involved to determine whether the mbox set qualifies for free upgrade to 6.7? The one I'm being offered has not been registered and comes with 6.4.