Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 12-28-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Project Mix I/O / Pro Tools M-powered Problem

Hey

I cant get these two to work together!

Iv installed Pro Tools M-Powered, all the drivers for the Project Mix and firewire stuff.
But when I start up Pro Tools I get the message "Unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on".

Still the installation of both Pro Tools and the Project Mix seems to be right, since the PC can sense the Project Mix. But Pro Tools just cant find it. So everytime I try go connect I get that message and the program exits....

Any idea whats wrong or what I can do????

/ Magnus
Old 12-29-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Project Mix I/O / Pro Tools M-powered Problem

1. make sure its in the right mode: you have to turn the project mix on while holding the aux1 to enter pro tools mode.

2. make you you have the settiings in pro tools: consult the manual on how to sync the poject mix to pro tools.

3. keep the m audio people on speed dial: 626-633-9055

4. dont mess up the mix board: kkeep it in good condition, then trade it in for a 002 board when you get the extra money.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:02 AM

>1. make sure its in the right mode: you have to turn the project mix on while holding the aux1 to enter pro tools mode.

Iv dont that.... Its in Pro Tools mode.

>2. make you you have the settiings in pro tools: consult the manual on how to sync the poject mix to pro tools.

My problem was that I could enter Pro Tools.... so how can I change the settings in it then?

>3. keep the m audio people on speed dial: 626-633-9055

>4. dont mess up the mix board: kkeep it in good condition, then trade it in for a 002 board when you get the extra money.

Thats not a solution to the problem.. I wanna use the Project Mix.....
Old 12-29-2005, 03:11 PM

do you think that its a problem with your ilok? what i had to do is go to the m-audio site and download the driver for the project mix. you can try that.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:11 PM

do you think that its a problem with your ilok? what i had to do is go to the m-audio site and download the driver for the project mix. you can try that. i didn't use the one on the cd either. i think they shipped a defective disk. but download it from the site...and try it..
Old 12-29-2005, 07:01 PM

have you downloaded the current driver that supports PTMP 7 ??
Old 12-29-2005, 08:34 PM

I've actually had that same problem as well. You will notice that after you install the drivers for Project Mix, and you put in the PT software, it too has drivers for your interface as well. You MUST install those. Then afterward, power everything on, then wait for your computer to recognize new hardware (the interface...again), do everything it says, then, for me at least, the next thing it recognizes is a bootloader for my 1814, then finally, after that, I install the iLok. Lots of stuff involved to get it right, but when you do, make sure you remember the EXACT procedure you used, so if you ever need to re-install the software for whatever reason again, you know how to do it. Hope this helps.

MGR