Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2003, 08:56 AM

Default Rookie Here

I was wondering if I had a 16 track session which = 1 Song, is there anyway to render it into one wav file so I can burn it on to a CD?

And if I had 16 full blown songs recorded into one session which = 16 songs/Tracks, is there any way to render each individual track into a wav so I can burn it?

I noticed in 6.0 there is a folder named Grooves with files that end in extention .grv. What are those and how come PT or I tunes doesnt reconize those files?

Since I switched from PC to Mac I lost my kazzaa account cuz it doesnt work with MAC, Is there any Peer 2 Peer File Sharing Programs out for us Mac users?

I got a new 120 gig external hard drive would you recommend installing Pro Tools 6.0 into the external hard drive?

Why is it when I went thru a bad recording session and at the end I choose not to save it, but it still saves?

How come every time I change the tempo to a track the track doesnt change at all?

Is there any way to change the pitch of the WAV?

Sorry for all these questions but im new to Mac and PT.
I used to run a PC with the ACID program.
OWC Mercury Elite 120GB Hard Drive
M-Box PT 6.1.2
Korg Triton
MidiSport 1x1
Event TR8 Powered Monitors
Old 02-27-2003, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Rookie Here

i can answer your first couple of questions. firstly, have you spent time with the manual?
the bounce to disk function is what you use when you're ready to make a "master" copy you can burn to a cd. it's in the file drop down menu, click bounce to disk, then choose your settings, for cd, you'll want 16 bit/44.1khz. PT will then create a stereo master of the song. this will work for the 1 song in 1 session scenario.
for the scenario where you have several songs in one session, you could do a couple of things. 1> you can highlight one song with the audio selector and make that its own region. now with that region selected, you can bounce to disk. you could simply repeat the process until you've seperated the songs. then you just drag them all on to a cd.
2> if you want some of the songs to flow into each other, or even if you don't, you could just bounce the entire, huge file into 1 stereo master and then use a burning program, not sure what can do this on the mac side, and drop "markers" where you want the tracks to take place.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:59 PM

I'll take #5-
Put PT on your system primary drive.

If it's fast enough do it, you may try writing your session files to the external drive, but don't put the PT application out there.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:10 AM

You can use -Jam- to make the pq codes for separating tracks.

Use your external drive for ALL your audio and keep PT on your main drive.

Welcome to Mac
Old 02-28-2003, 06:23 AM

Changing tempo only means changing the grid, to change an existing audio region you need a plug-in like Pitch'n'time, which also, believe it or not, can help you change the pitch. It works well with some sounds, not so well with others, but great for drum loops.