Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 09-28-2022, 10:38 AM

Default Auto assign "sticking" on Dock

Hey All,
Been running Pro Tools with a Dock & S1 (& a pair of iPads) for over a year now... working great until the last month or so.

I generally set the Dock's iPad to the Soft Keys tab, with the Control App's filter setup to display VCA's only.
Selecting the VCA on the Dock's iPad focuses the VCA to the Dock's fader & spills the group to the S1... all as it should...

Recently, however, the auto-assigned Dock fader seems to randomly "stick" on a track of its choosing ???
What I mean by that is that when I touch a different VCA icon on the Dock iPad to select it [& attention it to the Dock's fader], it does so on the iPad (shows the new track in the lower left corner window of the iPad)...
... additionally, it spills its members to the S1 as it should...
...but as soon as I physically touch the Dock Fader, it reverts to the "stuck" VCA channel???

This seems to happen randomly about 1-2x's on any given day. I've seen no pattern so far.
The workaround is to "clear all assignments" for the Dock Fader in eucon. Once that's done, things function as they should until the next time this rears its ugly head...

I don't use layouts, currently, and I have locked the spilled master to the Dock in eucon prefs.
Also eucon prefs "attn most recently selected track" & "select by touch" are checked.

Anyone else seen this? I'd certainly welcome any insights/help... thanks in advance!

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 09-29-2022, 09:31 AM
Avid

Default Re: Auto assign "sticking" on Dock

I'll ask QA to look out for this.

Basically, if I understand you correctly. Lock VCA to Dock mostly works OK, except a couple of times a day it even locks when attentioning another VCA.
Old 09-29-2022, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Auto assign "sticking" on Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
if I understand you correctly. Lock VCA to Dock mostly works OK, except a couple of times a day it even locks when attentioning another VCA.
Correct...

Upgraded to 2022.9 this am & have been mixing since... hasn't occurred yet, but then its only been a few hours.
Thanks.

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad