Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 crashes every time I open a new session or import session data

Good luck man...curious that the "VST...." version was listed in the dlog you sent me. Shouldn't be the RTAS version?

Let me know how things go here.

Cheers,

-tv

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."
Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 crashes every time I open a new session or import session data

I was looking for a spectrum analyzer that was very simple awhile back and that was the one I ran across. Only remember seeing a VST version and I was just using it on my master track and for mastering. So, latency wasn't an issue. I've taken it out of the mix on my sessions and everything seems to be working right so far! Thanks so much!
Mac Pro Dual Quad Core 2.6
20GB RAM
Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 AM

I am having this same problem and have tried everything that has been suggested on this thread and others. We just upgraded to PT 9.0.3 hoping this would fix it but still continuing. I wiped out all of the I/O from the session I am importing from but the problem still persisted. I have tried a few tracks at a time to no avail.

This is a really annoying problem.....any help?

Thanks
Old 07-11-2011, 08:37 AM

I'm having this very same problem. Really frustrating. I've tried trashing prefs, re-installing PT and even re-importing everything into a new session. Still getting consistant crashes every time I close and re-open sessions or import data.

PT 9.03
OS 10.6.7
2 x 2.66 GHz QuadCore Intel Xeon
8GB of RAM
Old 03-23-2014, 07:53 AM

I am also having freezes all of a sudden when opening new sessions in PT9 HD2, Mac Quad Core 2.66. Everything was fine for 6 months (since my last round of troubles). Already submitted a question elsewhere, but i found this thread, and I though the .DLOG concept is very intriguing. I went and found the .DLOG files from yesterday, when I was having all my problems. But I don't know how to open or view them. I open them in Text Edit and it's just gobbledy gook. Is there a way for an end user to open one? Thanks