Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-31-2009, 09:25 PM

Default MBox Mini peaks when "record" is armed

I just bought an MBox mini as a portable alternative to my home studio. When I arm the track to record, the signal instantly jumps to red and stays there. I've tried unhooking the mic completely and then arming it, and it is still jumping to a peak. (Creates loud distortion through the headphones.)
Anybody else have this problem. The Mbox only has one XLR so only a mono track is possible with a mic. Again, this happens even when I don't have a mic hooked up!!!
How to fix?
Old 09-01-2009, 07:01 AM

Default Re: MBox Mini peaks when "record" is armed

when it does that trash all digi databases, power down the computer. (if yur power cord is attached then disconnect it) power back up and when u arm enable it should be normal now. then u can plug back in power supply too.

Mac : IMac 3.0 ghz/OSX 10.6.8/Mbox Mini/PT 7.4.2

DAW : Pro Tools 7.4.2 - Mbox Mini

www.myspace.com/michaelondon
Old 09-01-2009, 10:00 AM

That works about half the time. It sort of is a 50/50 chance. I appreciate your help though. What is the real reason behind it? I dont like to be in a situation of recording something and have to "hope" that its gonna work. I want to KNOW its going to work.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Avid

We can probably help, but we need more info - start with the steps in the General Troubleshooting sticky, then follow the Help Us Help You sticky info which tells you what we need to know to assist you further.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 AM

Really some things that go wrong in PT just don't have a real answer. I noticed that when I leave my mac on for days and close in and out of different sessions and never reboot the mac that this happens. The digi database trashing fixes alot of little errors. But honestly I never got an exact answer to what caused it. I just reboot the system every other day and I haven't had that problem in months..

Mac : IMac 3.0 ghz/OSX 10.6.8/Mbox Mini/PT 7.4.2

DAW : Pro Tools 7.4.2 - Mbox Mini

www.myspace.com/michaelondon