How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 05-19-2024, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2024.6 preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I didn't suggest that you should fix your Pace issues personally, I suggested that your issues are rare and therefore fixable and that Pace should assist you. It sounds like your problem is somewhere within your ilok account or your computer, but it's NOT a PT bug.
you can call it a bug, a problem, an issue,
the fact is, there is a problem with this Pace authorization,
and Avid can choose to fix this, if they valued their loyal cusomers, and listened to them,
They need to fix these Pace issues, because it's not only me,
It does not make any sense, the minute one loses internet, one cannot work,
and the physical ilok has issues too,
all licenses thta are authorized on my HD have ZERO issues,
so that tells you something... it's like i'm beating a dead horse
Old 05-19-2024, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclee View Post
and Avid can choose to fix this, if they valued their loyal cusomers, and listened to them,
Hmm. I've been using physical iLoks for... something like 20-23 years, and have had ZERO issues. ...as opposed to some early computer-authorization schemes which refused to recognize my computer after I had to swap HDs or add RAM (though that's mostly fixed these days). I suspect most people with a decent degree of knowledge that you might ask would warn you off the Cloud-based iLok authorization. It's... nice that they offer it, but it's clearly not their main whip, and has proven to be dodgy repeatedly. You do have to be aware of the hazards of a physical iLok, namely that it's small and valuable, and with any physical device, it's prone to wear. I've had mine on a USB extender for years to protect the wear and tear on the parts and device. It also has a lanyard clip, so I can snap it around my neck quickly if I need to travel or leave with it, and an AirTag so I am even less likely to lose it. I do have the ZDT insurance, but that's if all else fails. To be fair, when it came out, there were't any other choices, really. So you learned to be mindful of your investment. To... pay attention to... the little things (literally).

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2024.3.1 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 05-20-2024, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
Hmm. I've been using physical iLoks for... something like 20-23 years, and have had ZERO issues. ...as opposed to some early computer-authorization schemes which refused to recognize my computer after I had to swap HDs or add RAM (though that's mostly fixed these days). I suspect most people with a decent degree of knowledge that you might ask would warn you off the Cloud-based iLok authorization. It's... nice that they offer it, but it's clearly not their main whip, and has proven to be dodgy repeatedly. You do have to be aware of the hazards of a physical iLok, namely that it's small and valuable, and with any physical device, it's prone to wear. I've had mine on a USB extender for years to protect the wear and tear on the parts and device. It also has a lanyard clip, so I can snap it around my neck quickly if I need to travel or leave with it, and an AirTag so I am even less likely to lose it. I do have the ZDT insurance, but that's if all else fails. To be fair, when it came out, there were't any other choices, really. So you learned to be mindful of your investment. To... pay attention to... the little things (literally).
I am right there with you. Been using iLok keys for as long as they have been around. Never had any issues. Multiple keys on same iLok account.
and just like you there was no alternative to the iLok key for a long time so I just got used to having the physical USB key.
I never really understand why people complain about having to use a USB key. It's not like you don't have anything else plugged in to your computer when working in pro audio. Between external drives,MIDI keyboards,Multiple Monitors,Audio interfaces and control surfaces, I have never owned a MAC that didn't need some kind of hub to accommodate all of the external gear. So what's the big deal on having USB key hooked up!?
Old 05-20-2024, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I don't want to seem like I'm pilling on here,
I also think this is not a PT Bug, this seems like a PACE issue, possibly related to your computers operating system compatibility,
for example, recently there was issues with macOS and PACE,
or perhaps buy a new USB-C iLok and give it another try
Old 05-20-2024, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic1982 View Post
I don't want to seem like I'm pilling on here,
I also think this is not a PT Bug, this seems like a PACE issue, possibly related to your computers operating system compatibility,
for example, recently there was issues with macOS and PACE,
or perhaps buy a new USB-C iLok and give it another try
it's a Pace issue perhaps,
but the fact Avid chooses to use Pace, it now becomes an Avid issue by default

i think it has to do with multiple licenses on same ilok account,

and not everyone has a "desktop" setup,
those on laptops, those that travel, many prefer, NOT to carry around iloks, as it is not convenient, for many reasons mentioned many times before!!

we will hope Avid-Pace, rectify these issues
Old 05-20-2024, 11:12 AM

Avid should not create a workaround for a unique issue which can be resolved on your end. Sorry that it's troubling you but this is the gist of it and you'd benefit from putting blame on the proper source, then perhaps you could fix it.
Old 05-20-2024, 04:49 PM

Anyway, let's get back on topic here. Is there any new news on 2024.6? Anything anybody can share?
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3.1 | Logic Pro 11 | Studio One Pro 6.6.1 | Dolby Atmos Render 5.3 & Album Assembler 1.4 | RME BabyFace Pro FS | UA Native Plugins & Sphere LX | SSL UC1 | 2023 Mac Studio M2 Max 12 Core CPU 38 Core GPU | MacOs 13.5.0 | Genelec 8020D & Yamaha MSP10 | Korg Kronos LS | Sonarworks Sound ID | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | DT 880 PRO | DT 770 Pro | etc.
Old 05-21-2024, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeMusic View Post
Anyway, let's get back on topic here. Is there any new news on 2024.6? Anything anybody can share?
What I recall from NAB and Mix Immersive is that there are a lot of ARA fixes and additions, Dolby Atmos workflow improvements, which will help a lot of what we do, including, (to name one), NEW fold down formats that Dolby is introducing called Stereo Direct worked with labels to preview which will be much better than the existing 2.0, which is a down mix of a down mix which is not great for sending to clients/labels. That is much better. Also, with some neat new windows for quicker views that we use to have to access in the Renderer. They are now in ProTools edit window and colors! A lot of ease of use stuff in ATMOS in the renderer window for sure.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 24.3.1 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.7, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 11.0 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS

Last edited by gives; 05-21-2024 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
What I recall from NAB and Mix Immersive is that there are a lot of ARA fixes and additions, Dolby Atmos workflow improvements, which will help a lot of what we do, including, (to name one), NEW fold down formats that Dolby is introducing called Stereo Direct worked with labels to preview which will be much better than the existing 2.0, which is a down mix of a down mix which is not great for sending to clients/labels. That is much better. Also, with some neat new windows for quicker views that we use to have to access in the Renderer. They are now in ProTools edit window and colors! A lot of ease of use stuff in ATMOS in the renderer window for sure.

G
Nice!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3.1 | Logic Pro 11 | Studio One Pro 6.6.1 | Dolby Atmos Render 5.3 & Album Assembler 1.4 | RME BabyFace Pro FS | UA Native Plugins & Sphere LX | SSL UC1 | 2023 Mac Studio M2 Max 12 Core CPU 38 Core GPU | MacOs 13.5.0 | Genelec 8020D & Yamaha MSP10 | Korg Kronos LS | Sonarworks Sound ID | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | DT 880 PRO | DT 770 Pro | etc.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:24 AM
Avid

Quote:
Apologies for getting back to this. Best to activate your license on an iLok 2 or iLok 3 USB so your Pro Tools doesn't have to rely on internet connection. for physical iLok issues, there should be a fix available, just need to create a support case at https://avidtech.my.site.com/avidsup...t-support-page

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com