Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-14-2024, 08:27 AM
strawb strawb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: minneapolis
Posts: 101
Default PT 2024.3 NEW issue MIDI LATENCY

since upgrading to 2024.3 from 2023.12.1
PT midi input now has major latency with any plugin (like autotune) on the session
hard bypass the plugin and midi records in time.
otherwise everything is late.
this was not the case until upgrading to the new PT last week.
rolled back and tried to test in 2023.12.1 but i hit play and the cursor just sticks. seems like i cant roll back.
this is a pretty big issue.
here's a screen capture:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dafv2v4x7k...issue.mov?dl=0

any ideas?

mac studio 12.7.4
Protools Ultimate 2024.3 / HDX
sonnet PCI thunderbolt chassis
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-14-2024, 08:42 AM
MDGenerato MDGenerato is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Manila
Posts: 90
Default Re: PT 2024.3 NEW issue MIDI LATENCY

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawb View Post
since upgrading to 2024.3 from 2023.12.1
PT midi input now has major latency with any plugin (like autotune) on the session
hard bypass the plugin and midi records in time.
otherwise everything is late.
this was not the case until upgrading to the new PT last week.
rolled back and tried to test in 2023.12.1 but i hit play and the cursor just sticks. seems like i cant roll back.
this is a pretty big issue.
here's a screen capture:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dafv2v4x7k...issue.mov?dl=0

any ideas?



mac studio 12.7.4
Protools Ultimate 2024.3 / HDX
sonnet PCI thunderbolt chassis
Hi, David here from the Avid Community, I see that you've already created a case for this. I will be monitoring it for you. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-14-2024, 09:06 AM
strawb strawb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: minneapolis
Posts: 101
Default Re: PT 2024.3 NEW issue MIDI LATENCY

trashed the PT prefs and all is ok

sorry for the false alarm
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-14-2024, 09:15 AM
MDGenerato MDGenerato is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Manila
Posts: 90
Default Re: PT 2024.3 NEW issue MIDI LATENCY

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawb View Post
trashed the PT prefs and all is ok

sorry for the false alarm
That's good to know. Please let our support team know you're good to go. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-15-2024, 08:44 AM
strawb strawb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: minneapolis
Posts: 101
Default Re: PT 2024.3 NEW issue MIDI LATENCY

opened a different PT session and now its happening again
dang
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-18-2024, 08:31 PM
take77
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: PT 2024.3 NEW issue MIDI LATENCY

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawb View Post
opened a different PT session and now its happening again
dang
Just wondering, does it happen in new sessions (created in 2024.3)?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-19-2024, 07:59 AM
strawb strawb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: minneapolis
Posts: 101
Default Re: PT 2024.3 NEW issue MIDI LATENCY

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
Just wondering, does it happen in new sessions (created in 2024.3)?

yes.

had a 2 hour call with Tech Support and their recommendation was to roll back to 2023.12.1
they suggested it's the fault of a 3rd party plugin.
oh well - wont get to use the new PT features til these bugs are ironed out.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-19-2024, 09:43 AM
marianna's Avatar
marianna marianna is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bonita Springs Florida
Posts: 659
Default Re: PT 2024.3 NEW issue MIDI LATENCY

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawb View Post
yes.

had a 2 hour call with Tech Support and their recommendation was to roll back to 2023.12.1
they suggested it's the fault of a 3rd party plugin.
oh well - wont get to use the new PT features til these bugs are ironed out.
Hi Strawb...

Unfortunately, the plugins that might be suspect were not listed in the case ( case # 04772336 ) and Tope and I would like to assist. Can you please either post which Plugins seem to cause the issue or DM me..... Rolling back isnt a good option unless we know what causes it exactly so we want to identify it if it is a bug or not.

Thanks
Marianna
__________________
Marianna Montague
Sr. Dir. CX and Community | Customer Advocate

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna


We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-22-2024, 10:40 PM
Shefi Shefi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Earth
Posts: 40
Default Re: PT 2024.3 NEW issue MIDI LATENCY

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Hi Strawb...

Unfortunately, the plugins that might be suspect were not listed in the case ( case # 04772336 ) and Tope and I would like to assist. Can you please either post which Plugins seem to cause the issue or DM me..... Rolling back isnt a good option unless we know what causes it exactly so we want to identify it if it is a bug or not.

Thanks
Marianna
__________________
Shefi
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128GB, OS 13.5
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-22-2024, 10:48 PM
Shefi Shefi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Earth
Posts: 40
Default Re: PT 2024.3 NEW issue MIDI LATENCY

Dear Mariana,
PLEASE fix all midi problems so we can update PT to the 2024.3- 2024.3.1
I understand Avid aim is to improve midi BUT unfortunately it is getting worst..

Midi Chain is not backward compatible. there are Manu issues including selecting a midi output for a midi channel, cancel Midi chain mode in order to select an individual target channel ,midi recording track is printed (and plays back) with delay..

We keep paying for annual software updates - but we have to go back to 2023.12.1 in order to keep working ...

PLEAE leave PT midi AS IT WAS in 2023.12.1 until ALL midi bugs are fixed.

Mac Studio, M2 Ultra, 128GB, Mac OS 13.5. Unfortunately back on PT 2023.12.1....
__________________
Shefi
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128GB, OS 13.5

Last edited by Shefi; 04-22-2024 at 11:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MIDI Thru Latency Issue The Style Guide Pro Tools 11 4 12-08-2016 08:53 PM
Latency issue with midi function of Mbox3 deepakkabirgyan General Discussion 1 12-22-2013 10:29 AM
Midi Latency Issue - Please help me someone metro williams 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 2 01-23-2010 08:18 AM
MIDI beat clock latency issue!! overseasmusician Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) 0 11-04-2007 04:57 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com