Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 03-03-2012, 11:10 PM

Default Could someone test Windows magnifier for me?

Hi guys.

I'm new here, playing with the PT10 30 day trial. So far so good.

The issue I'm having is that Windows Magnifier doesn't work while the PT window is focused, pressing the hotkey, win+ and win- do not work.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 SP1

If I switch to my desktop or another application it works fine, it seems PT is doing something strange to the keyboard because pressing win e to launch Explorer or win r to launch the Run dialogue also do not function.

This is a potential deal breaker for me as I really do need the magnifier, especially for those tiny synth UI's

Would someone mind testing to see if this is the case for them as well and not just a problem with my setup?

Ta!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Could someone test Windows magnifier for me?

You are correct. Pro tools does something to the keyboard at a registry level. I have had some issues before because of it. I believe it is the win key and the alt key that are the problems. I know of another magnifier program but have to look into i, forgot the name.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-04-2012, 06:59 AM

I had a 30 day trial version of PT10. Pro Tools remaps, as noted, the keyboard for its own use. I also have Sonar and it too remaps the keyboard, but as it's a more "windows friendly" system (and is full 64 bit, not 32 bit like PT) the remapping is not as extensive.

Member of Nashville R.O.P.E. Assn.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:37 AM

Ugh, that's a shame. It's a deal breaker for me. I've tried many, many third party zooming applications but none really do it as well as Windows 7's one, which uses 3D acceleration, so it's very fast 'n snappy and works perfectly in fullscreen.

I also have an autohotkey script that binds it to win + scrollwheel to make it more comfortable to use.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll stick with what I have now (reaper+renoise) as it has all my bases covered for now.

Thanks