Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 12-12-2021, 01:05 PM

Default EUCON Midi MCU not working on M1 Mac

I'm using an Avid Artist Mix with an M1 MacBook Air.
Using the latest Big Sur
Eucon 4.3.8.29

Eucon and the artist mix work great with Pro Tools, but I've been unable to get Eucon midi to work as an MCU device with other DAW's either ones running through natively or through rosetta. (REAPER, Ableton, Bitwig)

The DAW software will all see the Euphonix virtual midi ports and I can connect to them in midi preferences but when I set them up it doesn't do anything. I'm following the setup guide and have also successfully gotten this working in the past on a number of different Mac and Windows workstations but no luck here.

I've tried full uninstall wiping Eucon preferences and reinstalling, removing all mackie applications and re-adding them.....A couple times Bitwig and Ableton will recognize and work briefly but then stop and never start working again after restarting the DAW.

I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten Eucon MCU working on an M1 Mac? If this is a known issue or something anomalous with my system. Would love to get this working.

If anyone has any insight or suggestions on something to try please let me know.

thanks
Old 12-13-2021, 12:08 PM
Avid

Default Re: EUCON Midi MCU not working on M1 Mac

This was tested working, if you can see the MIDI ports then the driver has loaded Ok.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:20 PM

Default Re: EUCON Midi MCU not working on M1 Mac

Hey thanks
So you are saying this as an issue with the DAW's I've tried that haven't recognized it correctly? Or a problem on Apple's side?

Is there a potential conflict with other hardware?

I'm fairly certain I've installed everything correctly. I've tried to reinstall.... and when I've done this in the past it's always worked on other systems.