How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2013, 12:29 PM

Default PT 11 Click problems

Hello,

Suddenly I'm getting very erratic behavior from the click. playing when the song is not in play (suddenly I will just hear 4-6 clicks in a row while the session is idle), not sounding at all or intermittently when click is activated, accent off of meter... I don't have any unusual routing, everything through the same output... what is going on??? anyone see this?

thanks
Old 08-11-2013, 01:41 PM

Default Re: PT 11 Click problems

I don't have anything specific to offer but am curious if the transport is stopped or running when you hear the random clicks? And are they in time or just random.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 08-11-2013, 01:45 PM

In time.. transport is stopped... it's like the click is getting trapped in a buffer and then released at odd times after the transport is stopped. Starting a blank session, it seems to have stopped. But that one session is broken essentially. Haven't tried reimporting the tracks yet. Very bizarre! I'm noticing some subtle artifacts in the click sound also. All other audio/ instruments play back normally.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:33 PM

For what it's worth, I'm having problems with it too. I wish they would have updated the TL Metro to AAX2. That thing works great.

My issue is, I cannot get a subdivision of any kind. As long as the Click II is sync'd to the session tempo, all the subdivision options are greyed out. I get a quarter note click and that is it. If I don't sync it to the session tempo/transport I get the option to select the different subdivisions but then the playback is just a wacky random click almost like a beginner trying to play a clave rumba or something.

Definetely some problems with this plugin, that's for sure.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:24 PM

yep that sounds about right. Bizarre that we're not hearing more about this... perhaps that is a window into how many people are actually using PT 11 on a regular basis. Or maybe it is a rare bug.

either way, Avid please acknowledge and fix! thank you.

PS I did a permissions repair and it seems that I'm seeing the pause bug less. click running fine also for longer periods of time since.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:35 PM

I had that too and it was driving me crazy.

Still not sure what causes it.... bizarre.

It now seem to have gone away and all I did was turn it ON and OFF inside the plug in window itself by hitting hitting the "ON" button a few times.

Not sure if that was actually what fixed it, but it seems ok now...
Old 08-16-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioj11 View Post
Hello,

Suddenly I'm getting very erratic behavior from the click. playing when the song is not in play (suddenly I will just hear 4-6 clicks in a row while the session is idle), not sounding at all or intermittently when click is activated, accent off of meter... I don't have any unusual routing, everything through the same output... what is going on??? anyone see this?

thanks
I myself have experienced this in previous versions of Pro Tools. Unfortunately, I was never able to reproduce it. If your able to reproduce it, definitely post back the steps and I'll try to invoke it on my end. We can then let Avid know. My solution after experiencing this in the past was to just print my click track tracks.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 08-20-2013, 05:34 PM

Can't really come up with steps to reproduce other than creating a click track and hitting play. It seems that if I point the metronome to a different VI though the problems go away... so the issue appears to be related specifically to the Click II plugin.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:42 AM

I am having the exact same problems as you studioj11, I haven't tried using a different VI, though. Will try that. Clicking On/Off in Click II did not solve it for me.
Count-Ins seem to work as they should anyway.

BR,
John
Hajp AB

old site:
Soundfactory JPR
Old 08-21-2013, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioj11 View Post
In time.. transport is stopped... it's like the click is getting trapped in a buffer and then released at odd times after the transport is stopped. Starting a blank session, it seems to have stopped. But that one session is broken essentially. Haven't tried reimporting the tracks yet. Very bizarre! I'm noticing some subtle artifacts in the click sound also. All other audio/ instruments play back normally.
I'm curious if anyone else saw this behavior. Makes me wonder if its not related to the new Avid Audio Engines dual buffer scheme. EG the session sits idle for a while and PT decides to do some house cleaning. Of course as far as I know the click isn't actual audio but being driven from some internal PT clock. And this issue implies there's something wrong with it.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88