Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-24-2003, 02:15 PM

Default Re: How many forum users does it take to change a light bulb?

I'm organising a party on saturday night but I only have a limited number of light bulbs to light the room.

Could anyone give me any pointers for the best positioning for the bulbs I have got. (I want to illuminate the whole room whilst keeping some areas slighlty darker than others! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

C.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:45 PM

Let's see a show of hands of how many of us poor saps have ever tried to find a replacement bulb for the lava lamp!

One, two, three, four.....

Ain't easy is it???

T. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2003, 07:45 PM

I've just upgraded to Lightbulb HD. What an amazing difference. I now have 20/20 vision in my studio and everything looks so much clearer than it did before. Also, my power consumtion has gone way down. Seems LBHD uses far less meter box cycles than my old LEbulb system. Probably due to the fact that LBHD doesn't use house based processing to run (although you can still use your old household lamps because the plug architecture is compatible).
The only issue I had was updating the keys on some of my deadlok authorisations. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Golding:
I'm organising a party on saturday night but I only have a limited number of light bulbs to light the room.

Could anyone give me any pointers for the best positioning for the bulbs I have got. (I want to illuminate the whole room whilst keeping some areas slighlty darker than others! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

C.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you have the $$, upgrade to LBHD, it supports 7.1 lightbulbs which would be ideal for your application. With creative use of divergence and delays in your surround panning, the perceived effect is much greater than what you'd expect from 7.1 lightbulbs. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2003, 08:58 PM

Quote:
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another
6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">In this case, anal retentive should not be hyphenated. If the phrase was used as an adjective modifying a noun, such as an anal-retentive person, then you would hyphenate. You would never hyphenate to say that someone was anal retentive. I however, am proud to be anal retentive and would use the term lamp rather than light bulb.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:59 PM

Pretty ingenious Doc... LOL... this post is getting outside, but I love it...

My lightbulb got 24 blinks on the DAVEC lite -on test with my new G-shine computer.

Take that Alan Halada !! (sp)

kenny [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2003, 12:02 AM

LMAO. One of the funniest threads ever! Very clever! And so true.

j
OWC External FW HDD
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonsheroan
Old 07-25-2003, 12:03 AM

Don't forget the 300 people that would claim that the only light bulbs you should ever even CONSIDER using are the ones that cost WAAAAY more than any other light bulb should ever cost. All other light bulbs are just Tinker Toys and should be eschewed like yesterday's oatmeal.

I, however, think the GE lightbulbs I get at Wal-Mart light up my room just fine and none of my clients are complaining they can't see.

Nyah!!

T. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2003, 12:31 AM

Quote:
posted July 24, 2003 12:03 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget the 300 people that would claim that the only light bulbs you should ever even CONSIDER using are the ones that cost WAAAAY more than any other light bulb should ever cost. All other light bulbs are just Tinker Toys and should be eschewed like yesterday's oatmeal.

I, however, think the GE lightbulbs I get at Wal-Mart light up my room just fine and none of my clients are complaining they can't see.

Nyah!!

T.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">We did a two month experiment in our studio comparing GE bulbs from Wal-Mart against those purchased in other retail stores. The Wal-Mart bulbs were outlasted by the others by about ten days. Also the light was much more soft and easy on the eyes.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:34 AM

Being somewhat of an expert,I'll be back at dusk to shed some light on this illuminating subject!
Old 07-25-2003, 06:20 AM

So just last week I went out and got the GE dual-g4 light bulb, and then, lo and behold, they come out with the GE dual-g5 bulbs the very next week. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I guess I should have done some research to shed some light on the subject before making such a purchase.