Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 05-02-2012, 07:10 PM

Default Apple 'Audio MIDI Setup' Ghost MBox Pro Devices

Howdy!
I get numerous Ghost MBox Pro Devices in the AMS Window which accumulate endlessly. This has been like this since my setup last fall in Protools 9 initial installation. I am unable to use the MBox MIDI inputs, as a Ghost will replace the Active Icon the next time I open one of my DAWs or Mainstage. AVID could not help last fall while I had the AVID Support Code. And I have never been able to find anything about it in my searches.
I have a mid-2011 iMac 27” i5, PT9, MBox Pro 3rd Gen. I can use the USB MIDI inputs fine via the Roland GR-55; but, not the MBox Pro MIDI i/0 at all, although it works; but, not via AMS as a Devices to be consistently selected in Protools to be assigned with SW Instruments.
Is there no way to upload a screen shot here?
I pray someone has an answer to fix this now.
Best,
Seth