Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-20-2005, 01:01 PM

Default simple help with reason

I do not want to waste a bubch of folks tinme, but is there a website or something that in very basic terms can instruct/discuss how put Reason riffs into PT. I find myself in constant loop. Come up with some cool effects, but then cannot get the drums to record on a different track, etc. Just basic stuff like:
How do I create bass, horns, drums, and effects on different tracks in teh same session. No manual came with my Reason as it was part of pro tools and propellerhead is to miserable to maneuver to find basic info. Thanks in advance

RZFAN
Old 02-20-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: simple help with reason

First of all, the manuals are in PDF format and are available in the Propellerhead folder.

Second, there are several ways to use Reason Adapted.

For what you are looking for, simply record what you are hearing to an Aux track. Reason is fully MIDI synths only, you cannot send audio through Reason's Racks. What you are trying to do is to put reason on an Audio Track and record what you hear on that track. The same goes with SampleTank LE.

In a PTLE session, Reason is ReWire'd to PTLE. That means the transport is linked between the PT and Reason. You can save the Reason sessions to open them up later. Redrum is a little different than the other rack components because you are programming the drum rythm. It can be written to MIDI if I remember right so you can edit the beat although you shouldn't have to unless you want to assign alternate kits to redrum afterwards.

Reason is a cool set of synth modules, but modifying the MIDI notes is much easier in PTLE (surprize!). I have yet to make the automation in Reason work, but that can be a powerful plus for the rack gear. In short, it is probably best to capture your work in PT as audio and then mix it. I am sure others have a whole different take on this.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:29 PM

Check the "Reason Adapted" video HERE I'm not sure how good it is, or how detailed it gets, but if you have any individual, specific questions, post em here, I'm sure many will help.

- MacPro 6,1 Intel Xeon E5 2.7 GHz 12-Core 128 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
- HDX II Sonnet xMacPro Server
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT 2018.10
- OS X 10.14.4
- ProTools Dock / PT Control
Old 02-20-2005, 03:42 PM

Quote:
In short, it is probably best to capture your work in PT as audio and then mix it. I am sure others have a whole different take on this.
Yes, that often works for me. Sometimes when I´m done I only capture a Reason stereo track to stop myself tweaking. I love the way PTLE and Reason work together.

Reason is such a powerful unit, I use about 5% of the potential I guess. Good stuff, easy on the cpuload as well - depending on what you do of course.

- i7 520 @ 3.6 GHz / P6T / XP32 / PTLE 8.01 . PT9 on Snow .
- PTLE8 on a macbook.

- And a bunch of miscellaneous obsolete hardware from the past. Like Mix ++++ 64 i/o with Control/24

I`m In The Band: www.ozofficial.com
My guitars are in tune : http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php