Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2021, 01:50 AM

Default Pro Tools - licensing - students

Hi Community,
I am writing with a funny business. My nephew is in high school, field of study - Sound Engineer. He is starting two courses, ProTools 101 and ProTools110 which will allow him to take an exam.

The problem is that he can practice only at school but would like to also prepare for the exams at home. As he is on really early stages of his career he cannot afford to buy the product,

Anyone knows how i can contact the licensing department? I would like to ask if they have any student licenses/evaluation license for ProTools 12 which will help him during the studies

Really appreciate your help on that !

Uncle :)
Old 11-02-2021, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools - licensing - students

Avid does offer student pricing for Pro Tools. Please click the link below to go to the purchase page. At the top, you will see a link for Students and Teachers that will show you the discounted pricing.

This is for the current version as 12 isn't available for purchase anymore.

Pro Tools Pricing

If you have any other licensing questions, please take a look at the Licensing FAQ

If you still wish to contact Avid support, please use this link: Avid Support

Your other option would be to use Pro Tools First, which is free, but is limited compared to the full version of Pro Tools.

System Details