Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 04-23-2016, 10:25 PM

Default Text list of installed plugins?

Is there any way to obtain a text list of the AAX plugins installed on my system? Any way to get this from within Pro Tools or from any system or preferences file?

I am on Windows.
Old 04-24-2016, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Text list of installed plugins?

Not a text file but you could navigate to the folder where the aax plugins are, set to list mode and take screen grabs as necessary.

QAPLA!
Old 04-24-2016, 12:56 PM

MODERATORS: If this is more appropriate for the Window section of the forum, please move it there.

Jack, great idea. Thanks! Your suggestion led me to search for a way to copy folder contents to text and I took it a step further:

To the extent that anyone cares to do what I asked about,

On Windows, navigate to the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio

From within this folder, place the mouse cursor on the Plug-Ins folder, shift+right click, then select Open Command Window Here

The DOS command window will open with the command line C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins>

In the DOS command window, type dir > output.txt /b

(The /b switch removes heading info and summary so that you get just the file names; leave this out to include those.)

Locate the newly created output.txt file and open it.

If desired, copy the contents of the text file into an Excel worksheet and use the Data>Text To Columns function in Excel to get rid of any unwanted text and isolate the filenames.

--------

My Universal Audio plugins were not individually listed, but you can apply this process to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\Universal Audio folder to obtain them.

My Waves plugins were not included either. Again, you can apply this process to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\WaveShell-AAX 9.x.aaxplugin\Contents\Resources folder to obtain them, although abbreviations are used. Alternatively, it is easy enough to obtain a list of all of Waves's plugins by bundle from their website.

--------

Another option is to select all files in the folder, shift+right click, then select Copy As Path and paste into a text document (or an Excel worksheet, since everything is included and this may require some cleanup using Excel's Data>Text To Columns function depending on what the desired end result is.)
Old 04-24-2016, 12:57 PM

Just go to your iLok application, there is a command for exporting an xml list of all your plugins.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:42 PM

Not all AAX plug-ins require iLok, some have their own authorization.

If you need and want a full list, then a screen grab would likely be the best. Or plugin updater:

http://kazrog.com/products/pluginupdate/
Old 04-24-2016, 01:55 PM

I know, but surely a large number are iLok licensed?

Perhaps the easiest option would be to build a database yourself.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent W. View Post
I know, but surely a large number are iLok licensed?

Perhaps the easiest option would be to build a database yourself.
Not really. Of the dozens of plugins I have only 14 use iLok authorization. Most others are either challenge/response or authorized direct to the machine.

QAPLA!
Old 04-25-2016, 03:59 AM

DAWgEAR:
Love the method - finally someone knows what to do at the DOS command line prompt. I haven't dealt that deeply into Windows in literally years when I had a Sonar system on WinXP. Didn't know you could still do that in the more modern versions of Windows.

If I remember my syntax correctly there's this nightmare one:
format c:\ u

QAPLA!
Old 04-25-2016, 12:30 PM

Guys .... Enough with the nostalgia trip ;-). You'll be singing the praises of himem.sys and emm386.sys next!

Fortunately for you, and your posts, there are probably few people around capable of formulating and running a suitable equivalent to 'del *.*' on your posts ;-)
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 04-25-2016, 12:43 PM

There's a free Beta app called Plugin Update that not only analyzes your installed plugins it also checks version numbers so you can be as up to date as possible. You can sort by type, manufacturer, etc. Very handy. I do believe it's available on both Mac and Win. Google it.