Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2011, 07:47 AM

Default I/O weirdness

In a PT 9.0.1 session, I can completely delete all I/O paths and rebuild using the "Default" button. Then save, close the session, and reopen only to find this dialog;

http://bit.ly/huc9TP

Why is there an error?
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Avid

Default Re: I/O weirdness

If you save the report - what does it say? In the report, I mean...
Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 AM

Chances are you had some inputs or outputs that were called something different in the session than what the defaults are now called.
Check all the inputs and outputs in the session and anything that is grayed out will need to be changed.
For some reason if you change it to NO INPUT and save the session, when you re-open it will be back to what it was and you will get the same dialog box, but if you change it to another input name and save, it will be OK.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2 View Post
For some reason if you change it to NO INPUT and save the session, when you re-open it will be back to what it was and you will get the same dialog box, but if you change it to another input name and save, it will be OK.
You seem to have hit the nail on the head here.
I get the report dialog when I have inputs saved to "No Input" but I don't get the report when I set all inputs to an existing input name.

I'll call this a bug until I'm able to set my inputs to "No Input".

Thanks to HD2!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
If you save the report - what does it say? In the report, I mean...
The current session I'm dealing with gives me this result (see bottom of message). As you will see in this thread, User: HD2 has given me some very useful advice and explained this example.

I have seen different looking reports on other sessions and I will post to this thread as they come up again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missing Stems
The input path "1-2" was made inactive because its stem is missing.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:40 AM

You might find Page 94 of the Pro Tools Reference Guide somewhat illuminating...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 03-07-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
You might find Page 94 of the Pro Tools Reference Guide somewhat illuminating...
I didn't find it particularly illuminating; I don't see any difference whether I use "Sessions Overwrite Current I/O Setup" or not.

I still have the dialog when opening a freshly purged/recreated I/O if I have any of the inputs set to "No Input"
Old 03-07-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poly915 View Post
The current session I'm dealing with gives me this result (see bottom of message). As you will see in this thread, User: HD2 has given me some very useful advice and explained this example.
But if you answer DTS's question, he might also be able to help you, and in turn help us. ff
Old 03-07-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
But if you answer DTS's question, he might also be able to help you, and in turn help us. ff
I did answer his question. Please see the bottom of the post for the text from the report. The block of text begins with many dashes and continues to the bottom of the post.

Here it is again for clarification;

Notes
Missing Stems
Old 03-07-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poly915 View Post
I did answer his question. Please see the bottom of the post for the text from the report. The block of text begins with many dashes and continues to the bottom of the post.

Here it is again for clarification;

Notes
Missing Stems
Yes you did. Sorry bout that. ff