How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 02-17-2015, 06:32 AM

Default Re: Is it really $599/yr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
1 call/month is with Standard (Pro Tools). Phone support is unlimited with ExpertPlus (Pro Tools HD). Please see the details in the "What's included..." section of avid.com/products/pro-tools-software/licensing which should clarify this.

Thanks,
JC
Well, maybe since it's unlimited, I can call unlimited, i.e. every time it happens (2 to 3 times daily) to get my -9171 and -9172 errors (bugs), fixed? Do you think I'll be able to get through on a timely basis?
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:40 AM

It's wishful thinking that early users of HD11 (No Support-plan) would/will get any AvidProductLove...
So my read of it all is as it is.....

Renew support plan for HD11 users (W/O plan) is available until Dec 31st 2015 (end of this year)
And it is as all other HD variations, $599.00/Yr with no dealer discounts!(except institutions)
Old 02-23-2015, 09:30 AM

Well, I'm working on a way to leave all this behind. AVID has not done enough to warrant my loyalty to the tune of $599 a year for a support plan I shouldn't have to keep in my back pocket in order to keep my 'opportunity' for future upgrades open.

It's too bad. I personally love my HDX rig.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
Well, I'm working on a way to leave all this behind. AVID has not done enough to warrant my loyalty to the tune of $599 a year for a support plan I shouldn't have to keep in my back pocket in order to keep my 'opportunity' for future upgrades open.

It's too bad. I personally love my HDX rig.
Your not alone my friend. Its unfortunate AVID can't see the damage they are doing.
The more silent they are, the more damage is done.

By the time they come back to the table, if they even do, they will have pushed so many out of the door they won't be able to get them back.

The CEO has a bonus check to make, and the shareholder have expectations. All of whom know nothing of our business.

Martin Kloiber should have been the CEO of AVID. Because he has vision, knows the business, technically as well, and could have made AVID shine.

Because the shareholders have no "vision" for the company it will be the ultimate downfall for AVID.

Good thing to start looking for a replacement now.

MehAVID
EFI flashed 580 GPU
3 card PCI-e expansion chassis.
Avid Artist Control
Apollo 8 Quad, Satellite Quad, Octo Card
Cranesong Avocet Monitor System.
WireWorld ProAudio Cables
Old 02-23-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaudio View Post
The CEO has a bonus check to make, and the shareholder have expectations. All of whom know nothing of our business.
I'm willing to bet a good number of shareholders not only know the business, but are currently active in the business. But this doesn't help you paint the picture of cigar-chomping fat cats sitting in overstuffed high-back leather chairs, does it?
Old 02-23-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
I'm willing to bet a good number of shareholders not only know the business, but are currently active in the business. But this doesn't help you paint the picture of cigar-chomping fat cats sitting in overstuffed high-back leather chairs, does it?
Really? I own plenty of stocks in companies, that doesn't make me an expert in those companies now does it.

Do the shareholders run Apple? Amazon? MS?
They can complain all they want, but the business is based on the product. Not the shareholder.

Building a business off of shareholder needs is not a business. It is the death of a business.
That is the point.
EFI flashed 580 GPU
3 card PCI-e expansion chassis.
Avid Artist Control
Apollo 8 Quad, Satellite Quad, Octo Card
Cranesong Avocet Monitor System.
WireWorld ProAudio Cables
Old 02-23-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaudio View Post
Really? I own plenty of stocks in companies, that doesn't make me an expert in those companies now does it.
Do you really think that is what I wrote? Plenty of Avid shareholders are active in the music business. Which is contrary to the us vs. them image you're trying to evoke when you said "All of whom know nothing of our business."
Old 02-24-2015, 06:43 AM

I "took advantage" of the offer last November to upgrade from PT10 w/ CPTK to PT11HD which included 15 months of this support plan with "expert help 24x7". What they now seem to call "ExpertPlus Support".

I apologise if I'm being a dope here, but I have a question: Does this support actually EXIST, now? After I bought the upgrade, I received an email from Avid saying "Your upgrade and support plan will be reflected in your Avid account in the coming months and you will receive an email notification when it is updated, along with instructions for contacting our Customer Care team."

I have yet to receive such an email. When I login to my account online, there is no indication there that I have any support plan. If I did encounter a situation in which I needed support quickly, I wouldn't have a clue where to turn (other than the duc of course). It's now nearly 4 months into my amazing "15 months of support" offer, and as far as I can tell it doesn't exist.

I'm based in Ireland. Maybe it has been rolled out in the US, but not here yet?? Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.
PT Ultimate 2023.9.0
Old 02-24-2015, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdubber View Post
I "took advantage" of the offer last November to upgrade from PT10 w/ CPTK to PT11HD which included 15 months of this support plan with "expert help 24x7". What they now seem to call "ExpertPlus Support".

I apologise if I'm being a dope here, but I have a question: Does this support actually EXIST, now? After I bought the upgrade, I received an email from Avid saying "Your upgrade and support plan will be reflected in your Avid account in the coming months and you will receive an email notification when it is updated, along with instructions for contacting our Customer Care team."

I have yet to receive such an email. When I login to my account online, there is no indication there that I have any support plan. If I did encounter a situation in which I needed support quickly, I wouldn't have a clue where to turn (other than the duc of course). It's now nearly 4 months into my amazing "15 months of support" offer, and as far as I can tell it doesn't exist.

I'm based in Ireland. Maybe it has been rolled out in the US, but not here yet?? Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.
I would ping Bruce Paine, a mod on this forum. IIRC I've seen cases where he was able to help with issues of this kind.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdubber View Post

Thanks.
me too, but in the US here. upgraded an HD license in october and a vanilla license in november.

no indication of any support plan in my account. though i was told that my ASCs i received with each upgrade were "non-expiring" ASCs