Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-05-2005, 06:29 PM

Default match Tempos

whats the best way to match tempos? In Logic I find out what one 1 bar tempo is of both then agjust the tempo on the wjhole file in the other one. In protools I can easily do it with something short but how do you do it with something long?

thx..:)
Old 02-06-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: match Tempos

anyone? Help is appreciated..:)
Old 02-07-2005, 12:51 AM

I have to do this frequently. Simply create a click track so that you can hear a click against the track, then identify the beginning of the song as bar 1 then find bar 2 and identify this, Pro Tools will then calculate the tempo for the bar, then play on listening to the click and count the bars until the click goes out of time, identify the bar and fine tune the beat to make the click correct (in most cases you can place the cursor and see where the 1st beat of the bar is.) do this for the whole song and you will have a very good tempo track that follows accurately, the song,
hope this helps
Simon L.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:03 PM

thx.. how do i match the two tempos to be the same.. I want to make the tempo of one track the same as other .. I do this in logic by finding out what a bar is tempo wise of each one then, time /Compress one of the tracks by typing in the bpm to match.. how do I do this in PTs? and is there a adjust tempo by object type comand in PT's? thx again..:)