Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2018, 10:04 AM

Default how to snap timeline/cursor to grid

Hello, so I'm editing out breaths and would like to be able to use only my keyboard when doing so. I figured out how to nudge the cursor and nudge my selections according to the grid/nudge value, however, when I playback audio for a second to see where I am and what I'm editing, it will stop outside of the grid lines. I know about using insertion follow playback or shortcut n to make the cursor not return back to where you started playback from. I want this selected so I can just hit play and stop at where the next breath is and edit from there. But the problem I'm having is when I stop the track, it lands in a position that is outside of the grid, so whenever I use the "nudge what is selected" function it nudges according to the grid/nudge value, but the selection will start and end outside of the grid. So I was wondering if there was a shortcut, or way, to get the cursor/timeline to snap to the grid from where it is so the selections I make will be according to the grid? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:41 AM

Default Re: how to snap timeline/cursor to grid

Do all the breaths fall perfectly within the Grid? If so, that's some mighty fine breath control.

Why not just use Slip Mode and trim out/delete exactly what you need?

I do a lot of breath removal and have never tried to do it using Grid as no space between breaths is ever the same or exactly aligned with the grid.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction