Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-13-2001, 11:22 AM

Default volume automation

Hi all,

Since upgrading to 5.1.1 and making my 1622 the main interface with 882 as second, I am regularly encountering that volume-automation is not working. All I can do to get it working again is shut down and start up the interfaces again. Simply shutting down PT or even rebooting the Mac does not help. Any ideas very welcome.

Cheers to all, Bob.

PS I run a MIx cube in a 7 slot expansion chassis with a G4 500 DP. No problems at all with 5.1 and 882 as main and 1622 as second in the past.
Old 12-13-2001, 09:16 PM

Default Re: volume automation

Hi Bob,
What is it about your automation that isn't working? Do you mean that the faders are not moving? Or are you not hearing the changes? If it's the latter, do you hear a difference when you manually change the level of a fader? Have you tried making the 882 your main interface again and seeing if that fixed the problem(though I can't see why it would)? A little more information would be helpful.
Old 12-15-2001, 08:56 AM

Default Re: volume automation

Bob,

Gotta hunch here its the dual processor bug on the 500. I've got one and any time we used to try to write fader automation the machine locked up or gave dae errors.

The only solution of which I'm aware is to go to your extensions folder and move the "multi-processing" extension into the unused extensions folder and reboot. (I'm not on that computer right now, so I might have the name of the extension mangled a bit, but the extension is either "multi-proceesor" or "multi-processing")

This is the same extension that gives a ton of dae errors on the 500 DP's. There's a thread here on the DUC's tech page that deals with this too - that's where I found this fix. Thing purrs like a kitten now.

Good Luck,

DigiDawg