Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2012, 06:43 PM

Default Tube Amps and Eleven Racks? What's Your Rig?

I've got a line on a '65 Fender Twin Reverb Re-issue. I currently have a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue. Both combo amps. Both sweet on their own. One of them will be too close to my 11R to not experiment. Before doing so, I'd love to hear what you folks have set up when using tube combo amps.

So, please, share your rig details, what you like and dislike about it, etc.

Any advice would be welcome as well. My 11R has not left the digital world since I unpacked her.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Tube Amps and Eleven Racks? What's Your Rig?

I just got mine and have very limited time with it so far....But I use it with my 5150 III 50 watt. If I am using the 5153's preamp, I only use the FX on the 11R by using the 4cm. Then if I want to just use the 5153's power amp, I turn the FX loop off on the 11R and get the amp models and FX (just no cabs). It's a pretty sweet setup, but I still have a lot to learn
Old 04-04-2012, 08:54 PM

Are you finding the tone coming out of the guitar amp's speakers a welcome change from a pair of studio monitors, or is it too close to call?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
Are you finding the tone coming out of the guitar amp's speakers a welcome change from a pair of studio monitors, or is it too close to call?
Tone in a studio is one thing coming from moniters, but Tone in the realworld i.e stage is another with the 11R.

I tried everything to get what I wanted and it prooved difficult. in the end my saving grace was this..

Matrix G1000 Poweramp running through 2 212 cabs. - it really did change my way of life in a LIVE envoirnment, the poweramp is amaing product. and Not sure if you have heard of them, but they design the Poweramps for moddelers. so you get that amazing tone wherever you go!

I'll never look back.
http://matrixguitaramplification.com/products/
check it out...
Old 04-05-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
I don't have a proper set of monitors yet. I use some decent headphones but not great, so I can't really compare. But I definitely like the sounds I'm getting from the power section of the 5153 and my cab. The cab is a Mesa vertical recto 2x12 with a WGS Green Beret and Reaper.