Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2004, 05:10 PM

Default Will ProTools LE support Core Audio?

Maybe it does already, but I don't think so.

I understand Digidesign really want you to buy their hardware, but does anyone know if it's possible to use Core Audio with LE now, or if there are plans to offer this in the future?

One option would be to limit you to 2 channel Core Audio (like GarageBand) either with a future version of ProTools FREE, or with LE which would still require Digi hardware acting as a dongle.

What I'm saying is I don't mind buying a ProTools LE system as long as I'm not forced into using the hardware . . . anyone know anything?
Old 10-16-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Will ProTools LE support Core Audio?

Quote:
does anyone know if it's possible to use Core Audio with LE now or if there are plans to offer this in the future? anyone know anything?
This topic has come up more often than the word 'new-ke-lar" from our presiden't mouth during the past 4 years.

No, you can't just use CoreAudio to run PT now and also, no, no one knows anything. Many people would like to see it happen but, imo, I don't think it will, not for a while anyways. I could be wrong and pleasantly surprised, but if anything, we may see a smaller version of the mbox with firewire connection.