Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2013, 02:14 PM

Default Waves Level Manager trial has expired

Wondered if anyone here has run into this - my WUP has expired so it would cost me $240 to get Waves to answer.

I had to reinstall everything onto a new boot drive, so I downloaded the installer for the Broadcast & Production bundle from Waves' site and installed it. Since then I get held up every time I start Pro Tools with a dialogue alerting me to the fact that my trial for Waves Level Manager has expired. I can't find any references to Waves Level Manager anywhere, never tried it, don't want it, and would like to be able to launch Pro Tools and have it ready when I get back from pouring my coffee instead of hung up on this stupid dialogue.

Anyone know how to disable this? I can't find a .bundle file in the Waves Plug-Ins folder that seems to correspond with this non-existent tool.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:59 PM

Question Re: Waves Level Manager trial has expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Keyes View Post
I can't find a .bundle file in the Waves Plug-Ins folder that seems to correspond with this non-existent tool.
You can't find a WLM.bundle file?
Old 04-04-2013, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Waves Level Manager trial has expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Technician View Post
You can't find a WLM.bundle file?
Afaik WLM.bundle is for Waves Loudness Meter, not for Waves Level Manager.
If you Google for "Waves Level Manager" there are some v8-results, but nothing conclusive. Weird.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 04-04-2013, 07:30 PM

Sounds like you downloaded a newer version than what you have. Waves Loudness Meter came out not too long ago and was added to a few bundles including Broadcast and Production.

The version of Waves you have precedes that (so it's not part of your bundle), and you probably downloaded the latest version. You might have v. 9.1, but installed 9.3, or something like that (these are just examples).

You can look in your Waves account, and see what version you have, and then you may be able to more accurately track down exactly which installer you need.

To be safe, you should use the Waves Uninstall utility and completely uninstall what you have, before starting over.

If you're still having trouble, you should call up Waves Sales department tomorrow. For something simple like this, they should be able to point you in the right direction. You shouldn't have to pay WUP just to use what you already have.

They're actually very helpful there.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:42 PM

Turns out trashing the WLM.bundle actually did fix it but when I wrote back to Waves Sales dept. to notify them that the warning showed the installer had installed "Waves Level Manager" rather than "Waves Loudness Meter," I got this back:

"The reason for that is that your license version is 8.0.0 and since then we have added the WLM to your bundle and it exists in version 8.0.1.

If your license was under WUP (Waves Update Plan) you would have got it for free. If you want to purchase the WUP now, you can do that and get even Version 9 of Waves which has some more benefits.

The cost is 240$ and it gets back to you as a voucher for your next purchase."

Hahahahaha - for $240 I can get a single plugin (which may or may not be the one the installer puts on my system) because it was added in a .0.1 update. Way to live up to your reputation, Waves!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:15 PM

If you want to use Waves in PT11, you'll have to get WUP at some point, because they'll be updating to AAX.

However, rather than WUP, you may want to wait until Diamond goes on sale again, and just upgrade to that instead, as everything in B&P bundle is in Diamond, and it may not be that much more than just WUP, if you get good discounts through your dealer.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:23 AM

No worries, I work in a corporate environment (with hoops to jump through for purchase approval) using a blue Sync and 192, so I won't be upgrading to PT11 any time soon.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:09 PM

I was having a similar issue with a "Waves Level Manager V8 license not found on iLok" error when running Pro Tools on PC. To resolve this, delete the WLM.dll file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins folder.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelaudio View Post
I was having a similar issue with a "Waves Level Manager V8 license not found on iLok" error when running Pro Tools on PC. To resolve this, delete the WLM.dll file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins folder.
No such file or directory on a Mac.