Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-18-2000, 11:33 PM

Default Re: DIGIGRAM card for Powerbooks-- IN USE

I recently bought a Powerbook G3 and a Digigram VX Pocket card with the intention of having a studio to take on the road. I have not bought any software as yet but I am planing on using Cubase 4.0 as this is one of the softwares listed as compatible with the VX Pocket card. As anyone tried it with Cubase 4.0 If you have please let me know how it works. Valentineval@juno.com
The site for all softwares compatible with the VX Pocket can be found at this link.
http://www.digigram.com/support/faq/vx_compatib.html

------------------
Old 06-23-2000, 12:40 AM

Default Re: DIGIGRAM card for Powerbooks-- IN USE

We have a G3/250 and a 3400/200 both working well with a VX pocket. Also we have clients with a G3/333 both who have sucessfully been using them on the road for radio loacation recording and production.

The only downer is the input sensitivity. The specs talk about +4db but even with the latest drivers the input clips at -2dBu. To run from a broadcast desk with a reasonable degree of headroom I use 20dB pads between desk output and the VX pocket inputs.

------------------
Mike Thornton
One Stop Digital (OSD) Ltd.
http://www.osd-uk.com