How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 03-18-2023, 10:24 PM

Default Re: ProTools Intro - Motu MicroBook II - No output sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Worth trying again, followed by a computer restart, for the new on-board sound card setting to "kick in"
Nope that's not the issue (or even if it is it does not matter), it's brain dead undocumented output limitations in Pro Tools Intro as I mention above.
Old 03-18-2023, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Pro Tools *Intro* seems limited to four physical I/O output, i.e. two stereo channels …
Intro will drive the first four physical output ports on the MicroBook, which will be Main Out 1/2 and Line 1 3/4 on your MicroBook
I was hoping that these limitations would still allow the OP to test for Output sound, after setting the playback device to the On-board sound card, followed by a computer restart.

If successful, then perhaps consider One Month’s $39.99 Subscription to Pro Tools Studio, to see if it suits.
Old 03-19-2023, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Ah... but the real problem here, is Pro Tools *Intro* seems limited to four physical I/O output, i.e. two stereo channels.

This does not seem described anywhere amongst the already limited, buggy, and confusing Pro Tools Intro product documentation... I've reported other Intro product info errors and Avid seems unable to fix simple web content. I assume there is just nobody competent at Avid actually responsible for Intro. What a fantastic company.

And as with the four input limit there is no clues/hints in the UI that a user is hitting a limit, stuff appears to be working, a bad product decision to waste new users time, and just piss them off. Just brilliant, contemptible disregard for users. What a fantastic company.

So Intro will drive the first four physical output ports on the MicroBook, which will be Main Out 1/2 and Line 1 3/4 on your MicroBook.

Allow me to suggest some excellent industry leading DAWs: Logic Pro and Reaper.
Ok this explain why i can't get any sound from Phones 5-6 and Aux 7-8.

As long as i set the outputs of my tracks to Main 1-2 or Line 3-4 i can actually see the faders moving in CueMix too.
Unluckily at the moment i don't have any speakers to plug in and hear, but i guess they would work.

Well, nice to hear is just a limitation of the software version, i was getting mad.
It's weird, as you mentioned, that those limitations are not showed clearly in the download page of the product.