Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2013, 09:34 AM

Default Mbox 2 doen't works in ASIO Mode in Windows 7 x64 with thrid Party Software

I have problems using the Mbox 2 USB in Asio Mode in Windows 7 x64. However mode works perfectly Wdm / Direct X. But obviously a much higher latency.

When I run Steinberg Wavelab 6.1 with Asio drivers does not move the cursor over the sound wave. However, the sound is right at the outputs of the Mbox 2.

When I run Cubase 5.1 Steinberg Asio drivers and streaming a song in Wav format audio track clicks are heard.

In both cases I tried changing latency values ​​in the result unchanged.

I have done numerous tests to no avail ... Mbox 2 USB I installed the latest driver version 9.0.2.65 for Windows 7 x64. I have reinstalled. I have uninstalled and entered into the Windows registry and I deleted all existing Digidesign. Then I spent a Ccleaner and maintenance of Tune Up Utilities 2012. I tried installing version 8.04b.

Later I changed to another Windows 7 on the same PC I have another hard drive. With the same results.

I followed all the recommendations AVID system optimization and to avoid mistakes.

The PC is an Intel Core Quad 9550. So lack of resources can not be.

Thinking that perhaps could be an incompatibility with this PC I have taken the Mbox 2 to my laptop. It has a 3rd generation Intel I7 3610QM. Same problem.

Finally I uninstalled all the drivers on the laptop. I downloaded the Protools 8 LE and updating to version 8.0.5. After the complete installation I have the same problems in Wavelab and Cubase. But it works perfectly in Protools 8 LE.

Conclusion. Asio only works correctly in Protools 8 LE.

Mbox 2 drivers work properly with WDM / Direct X

I need to use the Mbox 2 Asio mode with Cubase and Wavelab. Can anyone help me get it?

I am a computer technician and sound technician. And I applied all my knowledge to try to use the Mbox 2 ASIO mode. I have been unable ...

I appreciate in advance any help. Thank you very much.