Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 10-09-2007, 04:35 PM

Default afl solo in centre channel?

hey all,

just wondering if anyone knows how to get the afl solo to come through the centre channel.....

to clarify, we're mixing in 5.1, and the afl solo comes back into d-control through one of the stereo inputs. which is fine when we're mixing in stereo, but when mixing dialogue in 5.1, when a channel is soloed it goes from coming through the centre channel to through the left and right channels....

does anyone have a work around for this? can you mono a stereo return? can you send the afl solo through the actual monitor outputs rather than back through another return?

thanks

tom
Old 10-11-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: afl solo in centre channel?

The short answer is no you cant send it out a monitor output without it clashing with your main 5.1 output. But if you could assign AFL to a sub-path you could set up a mono sub path on the C channel of your main out and assign your AFL output to that

So I suppose this is a feature request!

As a workround, do you have your xmon/pro-tools ins and outs on a jackfiled in the studio? If so you could just have a cable hanging out of your chosen AFL output and just shove it in your xmon C channel input every time you solo'd (a bit crap I know)

or you could have a mono AFL path in the same spot as your C channel output and just open I/O and disable your main out and enable the AFL out every time you wanted to solo (even more crap I know)

Or you could hope that I am missing some fundamental trick/feature and someone will be along soon and enjighten us lol

Tom