Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 10-26-2000, 06:05 AM

Default No control surface support in the download version?????

DO I have to order the CD and wait to see if to be able to try to use this in JL-Copper 10 mode with my Tascam US-428. Audio works, but I wanted to try fader motion and transport controls. Can someone please comment on this.
Old 10-26-2000, 10:30 AM

Default Re: No control surface support in the download version?????

now that would be spiffy if pt free worked with the 001. i know that there should be standard JL cooper 10 support for the device. that is cool. i am interested to see if this works out for you. hehe...and i think that cubasis is only 8 tracks or something like that....but here, we get proTools..... nice trade off. i was really unhappy with the 428. perhaps it was the whole cubase thing that i had to deal with....everyone said logic worked better, but then i would have to buy logic, better to spend some cash on a protools solution than a tascam/any other recording software hack. keep us posted on the us428 w/ protools as a controller....i am interested in that.
Old 10-26-2000, 03:41 PM

Only the CD Installer includes the MIDI Controller Personalities. I guess Digi thought this would've added too much to the download time.
Old 10-26-2000, 04:15 PM

Guess they thought everyone would want to pay money for a free product and wait another 6 weeks to get it after the weeks we've seen the 'Pro Tools free will be available in 1 day' page.

Will one of those midi controller things from a real pro tools disc work ??
Old 11-05-2001, 09:51 PM

These are posted for download in the Support/Downloads/Pro Tools section here: http://www.digidesign.com/download/p....html#ptfmcwin