Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2022, 10:42 AM

Default Font sizes

I'd just like to add my upraised hand to all the others that have been raised over the years, wanting Avid to make at least clip name font sizes adjustable. I recently upgraded my two displays to 27 inch 4K and it's generally a wonderful experience - but I can no longer read the clip names properly, either in the clip list or on the timeline.

I don't want to reduce the screen resolution - of course I don't; I just paid all this money for the displays. And I wasn't going to buy bigger screens because they'd get in the way of the monitors.

I love being able to get lots of tracks on the screen. I love being able to have every possible element visible in the mix window if I want it. I love being able to have my email inbox and two finder windows as well as Pro Tools with half a dozen RX9 audiosuite plugins open and still have space to spare. But I'd like to be able to read the clip names without having to keep getting out of my seat...
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike
Old 01-20-2022, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Font sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhill View Post
I'd just like to add my upraised hand to all the others that have been raised over the years, wanting Avid to make at least clip name font sizes adjustable. I recently upgraded my two displays to 27 inch 4K and it's generally a wonderful experience - but I can no longer read the clip names properly, either in the clip list or on the timeline.

I don't want to reduce the screen resolution - of course I don't; I just paid all this money for the displays. And I wasn't going to buy bigger screens because they'd get in the way of the monitors.

I love being able to get lots of tracks on the screen. I love being able to have every possible element visible in the mix window if I want it. I love being able to have my email inbox and two finder windows as well as Pro Tools with half a dozen RX9 audiosuite plugins open and still have space to spare. But I'd like to be able to read the clip names without having to keep getting out of my seat...
A big +1 from me. Also for the Track List.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:54 AM

You kind of feel like now we can do stuff like micro-adjust the colour saturation of the analysis marker in analysis/warp view, it wouldn't be so much to expect to be able to make the text a bit bigger.
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike
Old 01-21-2022, 12:59 PM

yes, thats one thing that WOULD improve it , for me.....eye strain is getting harder, as I do long shifts of detail work.....