Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2021, 10:18 AM

Default Re: HD native and third party interface with core audio

Eric, OK but none of this answers the questions being asked in this thread by the OP and seemingly is just adding to confusion about how he can connect to his DigiLink Burl box.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:04 PM

Default Re: HD native and third party interface with core audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Seaberg View Post
Not really, we are using the Focusrite as another interface in the HD Native chain after our HD IO, giving us the additional IO and connectivity to the Dante network.

One of our systems that is battling the HD Driver issues with Big Sur decided to forget about using the Avid hardware and strictly use the Red 4 as a Core Audio Thunderbolt interface and all other problems went away. Since we don't need that much IO in these rooms, we are moving away from Avid hardware in all of them and moving toward the Focusrite RED for IO and their R1 monitor controller to simplify everything we're doing.

BTW, we will have lots of hardware available to sell.
Eric, I understand why you've brought Focusrite Red into this discussion. I've been straddling the fence with Pro Tools Ultimate / Omni / HD Native (longtime user) while really wanting an interface that plays more nicely across the entire system.

Red is expensive and I'd prefer not having to break out the DSUBs, but otherwise it would be nice to be able to switch between PT Ultimate and CoreAudio running e.g. Bitwig and system / aggregate audio when needed. Red also seems a nice hedge as Avid sorts out its native support for Apple Silicon.

Sky

Mac Studio M2 Max 12/30/64GB/4TB, RME UFX III, Pro Tools Ultimate, MacOS Ventura.