Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-26-2021, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Anyone wanna chat guitar tone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Guitar maintenance.....there is no escape Either you learn how to do it, or you spend lots of money to pay someone else. Glad we have stewmac and the like for parts and tools. Love those 2 tele colors! I'll stick with stock neck pickups though. I added the middle strat pickup to one of mine. I am a fan of the Pearly Gates pickup as well as the DiMarzio PAF. On a tight budget, stewmac's Golden Age Parsons Street are quite nice. All this talk has shamed me into going and finishing the wiring on one of my Les Paul's
The PAF and Super Distortion 'buckers I have are the original 2 wire models and not the newer 4 wire ones. I'm not a huge fan of splitting pickup coils. I did add a switch to flip the phase on one of the pickups in my LP so I can thin-out the sound if I want. What I'm looking for is a green pearloid pickguard for my Strat that has the Seymour Duncan 'buckers. It currently has a white pearloid one and a green pearloid I think would look great against the black body. Like to not go to a custom-made pickguard if I can help it. Anyone know a source fro what I'm looking for? It's a dual humbucker Strat .

I'd like to make a recommendation for anyone that plays guitar especially electrics - use strap locks. Had a strap come loose on one of the Strats and it fell knobs down and shattered the pickguard.

QAPLA!
Old 12-26-2021, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Anyone wanna chat guitar tone?

Yep. Split coil Seymour Duncan's in my SG, along with a complete rewire and all new electric components/switches, and copper foil everywhere (it's super quiet). Jazz in the neck, and I forget what in the bridge. I think I could have helped the factory pickups by removing the metal covers, but heck Seymour Duncan just delivers such consistently nice stuff.