Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2009, 09:26 PM

Default 8.0.1 6031 errors

version 8 is problematic on the pc? i've been saying this almost since day one of 8's release.
for the last month my protools hd 5 system is useless,not joking!
had to record this evening

installed 8.0.1 nothing but 6031 errors

please understand the frustration going on a month of not being able to record with hd

Last edited by x9blade; 09-19-2009 at 05:32 AM. Reason: .
Old 09-14-2009, 07:34 AM

Default Re: DIGI, what industry are you the standard of????

Sorry to read about all your troubles. If it were me, I would revert back to whatever previous version that was working for you.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-14-2009, 08:02 AM

of course albee and thanks. this is not the point though. this release of 8.0.1 is truly an epic fail in my eyes. how can digi offer this to us.

first of all, 8 has always had problems. some were able to get workarounds. myself and i'm sure others were looking forward to maybe finally using 8 with some stability and also with a more efficient protools.

8.0.1 is unusable please, i asked in another post if someone is using 8.0.1 hd on a pc and is able to actually record audio without pops and clicks,please list your computer specs.

the relase of this version shows that something is terribly wrong at digi

in another post, the digi not attending aes in general discussion,someone from digi (max G.) states something to effect of "its a new digi we really listen and care yada yada yada" is this how they care? by giving us this broken software?????

i've been shut down for almost a month,not able to finish sessions because of troubleshooting, going under my desk,taking my computer apart,swaping my hd cards, removing plug ins, making sure my plug ins are up to date,downloading video card drivers.this just never ends. so muchtime wasted because i choose to use the industry standard.

not that it really means anything but whats the use of having an hd system if it doesn't work,why would anyone pay so much for this bug infested daw anymore.

whos releasing this stuff??????? avid/digi please get it together. your hurting us in a bad way

life goes on for sure but, c'mon!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. please no mac guys saying to just get a mac i see whats going on in the mac tdm forum, different, but many problems as well. i hope this gets resolved for all of us
Old 09-14-2009, 02:46 PM

FWIW, I run 8cs3 on a PC based LE system with no troubles at all. I also run the same on a Mac Pro quad/HD3 system with nary an issue. I watched the 8.0.1 roll out and waited a bit before jumping in(as I usually do anyway) and I am mighty glad I waited. I will steer clear until the dust settles on this latest version. 8cs3 runs just fine for me.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-14-2009, 07:35 PM

Maybe it's not an option for you but I really suggest buying a Mac for the time being. Surely the expense is better than being a month out of business?

I'm currently in the process of building a PC for Pro Tools as a side project but my main machine (G5, PCIe Mac) is still as stable as it was 3.5 years ago using PTHD.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjp View Post
Maybe it's not an option for you but I really suggest buying a Mac for the time being. Surely the expense is better than being a month out of business?

I'm currently in the process of building a PC for Pro Tools as a side project but my main machine (G5, PCIe Mac) is still as stable as it was 3.5 years ago using PTHD.

is it that simple? buy a mac and protools 8 problems are cured?

have you looked at the mac tdm forum? seems like just as many problems as pc. it doesn't look pretty over there either.

i have very understanding clients well almost all of them. one is
appriciate the help
Old 09-14-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post

have you looked at the mac tdm forum? seems like just as many problems as pc. it doesn't look pretty over there either.

i have very understanding clients well almost all of them. one is
appriciate the help

Well, there are bugs, but nothing that makes the system unusable. I'm using 8.0.1 everyday.
You'll have less headaches, that's for sure. But I'm really going to try and build a workable PC environment too, so I'll let you know how that goes in terms of parts, OS, etc. If it works, that is!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:00 PM

another useless advice: "switch to LE - it simply works".
Old 09-15-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post
I've got 4-systems running 8.0.1 on Macs and one PC with 8.0cs3. I'll probably try 8.0.1 on it this week as 8.0cs3 has been pretty much OK, except it changed the settings on my SSL DeltaLinks (128-channels of MADI).

BTW, our Macs have been running non-stop for 5-1/2 years without major issues. I've had the PC system (Windows XP) for 9-months and kick myself everyday for going that direction, but I needed an easy way to build an HD4 system without an external rack.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:06 PM

my pc hd 4 system has been running great (besides the usual problems that we all have.lousy rtas /vi performance etc.) since the day i built it as well. problems began after 8cs3

macs with expansion chassis are differnt beasts. also my beef is with 8 and 8.0.1 on hd pc. how can they let this go out like this

with all due respect, if you are running 5 year old macs ,they are problem very weak as far as computers go , i need the power of my pc

thank you for your input ,best

p.s. i see tons of problems on the mac side as well. i don't know if switching to a mac is the answer