Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 07:39 PM

Default clicking sound at the end of regions and using bf

When I use bomb factory in my pro tools most of the sounds at the end get a clicking noise. Also at the end of regions if I chop up a sample there is also clicking noises. I don't know if its just my mbox2 or if its other people too but everytime I change volume on my headphones i get this static sound is that normal? Please help me out the clicking noise is killing me thanks.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:49 AM

Default Re: clicking sound at the end of regions and using bf

As far as your headphones static. That is most likely just your headphones. Im sure thats nothing to worry about. All I can tell you about the clicking noise your hearing in the end of regions, I would just use a nice sharp fade in and out. I have to use this quite a bit when I have many regions so it all makes a smooth transition throughout. Just go to Action or some kind of tab of that sort or Edit it may be. Just highlight the section at the beginning and end of each region, youll want to make sure you highlight a little before the region begins as well as a little after the region ends then find that tab pull down menue and you should see "insert fades" towards the bottom. Good luck I hope this helps!!!
Jeff
Old 09-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Space Cabin Audio

Default Re: clicking sound at the end of regions and using bf

These clicks are probably caused when using Quick Punch. When in quick punch, instead of hitting stop, you should take it out of record first then hit stop. I use 3 on the numeric keypad to achieve this, but there are a few ways to record in PT, so use whatever you want. The other option is to use PRE/POST roll if you are recording yourself.
Or you can batch fade your entire track. So many ways.
I prefer to just take it out of record before I hit stop. Works every time.

Kris
May the music move you