Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 08:28 PM

Default Scrolling problem and Region Selection problem

I just upgraded to PT 7.1LE (with my 002Rack); I have discovered two problems that did not exist in PT 6.X:
1) The "continuous scroll during playback" option is now replaced by "Page" scrolling. This really is a poor subsititue. Is there any way to get back continuous scrolling -- especially during recording?

2) In PT 6.X when you highlighted a Region in the Regions List, it would also be highlighted in the original track from which it was taken in the Edit Window. Now, in PT 7.1 it is only highlighted if/when inserted into an edit-assembly track. This makes editing much more cumbersome, because I can't find where the region was in the original track if I want to go back to it! I've selected the "Edit Selection Follows Region List Selection" preference, but this does not help. Any ideas?

Why is it that when Digidesign upgrades the application they always seem to lose some of the best features of previous versions?