Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Generating timecode

Hello,

I'm using PT 6.7 on a G5 Mac OSx 10.3.8. I've got a digital 192 I/O and a Sync I/O and I'm trying to get the Sync I/O to generate timecode so that I can slave another device with PT as master. I've followed the instructions in the manual which sound plausible until you get to the part that says "choose a clock reference..." The whole point of this is that the clock reference IS the Sync I/O. Either way I can't seem to get it to put out anything. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks, JG
Old 07-26-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Generating timecode

In the session setup window, choose your clock reference. This would be video reference, video in, internal, AES/EBU, etc. Once that is done, go to the bottom of the session setup window and enable the checkbox marked Using SYNC (under generator). Then put Pro Tools online (Apple+J) and press play. You should see timecode advancing on the face of your SYNC I/O, in which case you just have to patch its SMPTE output to the slave device.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Generating timecode

It is not totally intuitive, you have to put Pro Tools "online" as well as check the "generate timecode" (or whatever the exact text). To put PT online, on the transport bar press the button which is far left. Or use command-j.