Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Real-Time Bounce to Disk...REAL PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
Most of us do need to listen to our mixes.

If you record the mix into a track as you listen, you can stop and fix any problems you encounter, punch back into the mix track and when you're all done, consolidate and export the audio. You can even comp between different mixes in different playlists.

This work-flow is much faster and more precise than any kind of a bounce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
You mix to a bus and route that mix bus to a stereo track sending the output of that track to the monitors. Then you disable solo on that track and I usually set the monitor to input-only so I don't need to constantly be in record.

It's simply a matter of starting at the beginning, get a mix together, record until the mix screws up, fix the problem, and then pick up the mix from an earlier point. Then I usually drag the region to a good transition point and cross-fade it. When you get to the end, select all of the recorded regions, consolidate from the edit menu, name the file and export if you need interleaved files, 16 bit or a different sample rate or format.

This is so over my head and I am not afraid to say it.

Bob, is there some way this can be explained to me in a manner I can understand or can you point me to some reading on this.

I would highly appreciate it.
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Universal Audio Apollo 8P (TB3 Option Card installed)
Old 07-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Avid

Default Re: Real-Time Bounce to Disk...REAL PAIN

You're all debating something about Pro Tools that just doesn't exist yet. Why not hop over to protools.ideascale.com and put your vote in for non-realtime bounce?

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/12325-3779

Please keep the commentary respectful from here on out.
Closed Thread