Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 11-30-2021, 03:40 AM

Default Its 2021 and the Industry Standard DAW has no ADC on timebases FX and Midi Trigger

Its impossible to produce with modern Tools like LFO, Duck, Shaperbox, ... in ProTools, because there is still no ADC on timebases FX Plug Ins or internal sequencer of plug ins (Maschine, Kontakt, ...) or Midi trigger on aux/busses.

Hey, this is a bug, not a feature.

So audio SC ADC is here, after years of waiting,woooooow,
but how long do we have to wait until the effects are in sync?

Its so frustrating.

Can we do something in the community?
Old 11-30-2021, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Its 2021 and the Industry Standard DAW has no ADC on timebases FX and Midi Trigge

The ADC side of PT is still severely lacking in several places.
  • Freezing/unfreezing plugins contributing to the total delay compensation amount will cause the resulting bounces to come out with different amounts of time shift.
  • As you say, no delay compensation on Timebased FX such as LFO Tool etc, rendering them virtually useless
  • Still this absolutely ridiculous ADC limit which is incredibly easy to reach with a lot of modern plugins (Acustica, Spiff, Soothe, HW inserts when on large IO buffers). No other modern DAW has this.

I'm a ProTools fan but these above issues have really, really made me wonder why I'm spending so much money on what is by far the most expensive DAW on the market.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Its 2021 and the Industry Standard DAW has no ADC on timebases FX and Midi Trigge

I can't but agree. Automatic Delay Compensation is still a complete mess in Pro Tools. Feels like such a 90's program.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:20 AM

Quote:
I'm a ProTools fan but these above issues have really, really made me wonder why I'm spending so much money on what is by far the most expensive DAW on the market.
I am also a ProTools Fan since the late 90s.
But its such a shame that essential function for modern productions do not work.
Timing is the key !

I found a work around with manually MIDI offset to work with shaperbox and duck and will post this soon ...

Last edited by JFreak; 12-02-2021 at 05:31 AM. Reason: fixed the quote
Old 12-02-2021, 03:25 PM

This is a huge source of frustration for me as well.

Quote:
Can we do something in the community?
Submit support tickets? Moan on the FaceBook user's group that Avid seems to monitor more closely than here? Write it in to the next user survey they send around? I'm not sure what else.