Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2015, 10:51 PM

Default Re: No Signal from UA Apollo Twin

Thanks for your detailed response. I tried your method of deleting the IO settings and then hitting default, and though my inputs now seem fine, I still get no signal. Here are the specs you requested: iMac 3.57 Gh7 Core i7, Yosemite 10.10.2, 8 GB Ram, Apollo Twin Duo 8.0.1, Pro Tools 11.3.1

I am having trouble attaching my screen shots, but will try to drag them into another reply after this one.

To reiterate, I have been using PT for about 10 years with another iMac and an old Digi 002 interface. I just upgraded to the above, more powerful iMac and needed to get a new interface. I bought the Twin about a month ago, but since I was going to be out of town for awhile, I quickly recorded both a track with a mic as well as one with the front input line in to make sure all worked. They did at that time. Now that I'm back in town I recorded one track with the mic, it went fine. Then, the other day, when I began this string, I tried to record a bass on the front inline, and though I saw a signal from the bass to the Twin, nothing shows in PT, no meters move and I hear no sound. This is also true of the mic input now as well--can see in the Twin, but not in PT. I will send you the screenshots now, but you'll see the playback engine is set properly.

I also tried starting up with a new session, as you recommended, but still the same problem. I also trashed the preferences as you suggested, plus I checked to make sure the UA clock was set to internal as someone else suggested in another forum.

Anyway, thanks again for your help--I will send additional replies with the screenshots.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:01 PM

When you say no signal - just to be clear you see no meter movement on the input tracks and hear no audio?

If you create a new stereo audio track and drag and drop any old iTunes file on that track does that play back OK?

When you record arm a track and the transport is stopped do you hear anything/see the meter move on a track?

if it is only when the transport is in play have you have checked you just don't have input only monitoring selected right?

I'm goign to assume you are not trying to do anything with the UAD console until you have this basic stuff working.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:05 PM

I've attached two of your requested screenshots in this email, the general input window as well as the IO setup window/input tab. Will send the others next.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:07 PM

Yes, that's correct, I see no meter and hear no audio--but to be clear, this is on recording. The tracks that are already there sound fine in playback. I just can't seem to get the Twin signal into PT to be able to record.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:09 PM

Here are the screenshots of the IO output and bus tabs.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:11 PM

And finally, the playback engine screenshot.

Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2015-04-26 at 11.10.07 Playback Engine.png (55.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-26-2015, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpalmieri View Post
Yes, that's correct, I see no meter and hear no audio--but to be clear, this is on recording. The tracks that are already there sound fine in playback. I just can't seem to get the Twin signal into PT to be able to record.
So do the input tracks ever monitor properly when armed? With the transport stopped? Make sure you are not just tripping up on input monitoring set wrong (are you using Pro Tools or Pro Tools HD? )

Try different inputs for the hell of it, a line in (from say a MP3 or CD player) or an S/PDIF input, just anything to be sure you are not just trying a Mic/the same Mic or the same guitar/bass (or the same Mic pre/DI input set on the interface ... if the preamp or line in dies that DI dies as well). For any mic or DI input make sure the gain on that channel is actually turned up.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:13 PM

And yes, am going nowhere near the UA console until I can simply record in PT.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:14 PM

I am using PT, not PT HD. And okay, I will try another input source and see what happens. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:05 PM

Called UA today and they had me uninstall and then reinstall the UA software. That seemed to do the trick. Thanks for all who responded and tried to help me through this frustrating issue.