Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2022, 07:33 PM

Default The following plug-ins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plug-ins

I have pro tools 12.5 and windows 7 64bit
I had waves installed and it worked perfectly for years and then all of the sudden it's saying the waves axx isn't 64bit. I've tried taking the plug ins out and putting them back in. Restarting the computer. Taking the pref out and starting pro tools and still the same then putting it back and it's still the same. I don't know what to do to make this work. Help please.
Old 10-24-2022, 09:15 PM

Default Re: The following plug-ins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plug-

Did anything change on the system? Windows updates disabled?

This error is *not* saying that the plugins are not 64-bit. It's saying they are not *valid* 64-bit. Emphasis on the valid part... that largely comes from Pace/iLok code-signing/licensing of the plugin. And here for whatever reason when Pro Tools tries to validate that code signing it is encountering a problem.

You can try updating ILM to the latest version that will run on your system.

You can make sure any Antivirus software is fully disabled or removed.

You can try uninstalling everything waves related and reinstalling the plugins using the latest installer compatible with your system. (this is one reported to help with some of these problems... and I have no idea why. And I'm generally concerned with the "just reinstall" approach to solving problems. but it has worked for folks.). Pretty sure if you google for this you'll find stuff about doing this, maybe not on DUC.

You can roll back to your last known working system backup.

You can contact Waves and/or Avid support. I expect you are better off contacting Waves to start with.

You can upgrade to a recent version of Pro Tools and Windows. Where at least you have current product support.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:05 AM

Default Re: The following plug-ins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plug-

Hmm, Since Waves doesn't use iLok, I'm not sure that's part of the issue(though there is likely no harm in checking for an update). I would concentrate on Waves by doing a few things:
1-check your Waves authorizations(thru waves central).
2-if you have waves authorized with a USB stick, restore the licenses to the cloud and then back onto a freshly formatted USB stick.
3-open a support ticket with waves(they are very good at replying quickly during the week).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-25-2022, 08:25 AM

Every AAX plugin uses Pace/iLok code signing. It is a part of the AAX plugin standard/requirement. Regardless of how the plugin is licensed. And ultimately this error message absolutely is triggered by the code handling that signing checking thinking it has detected a bad signature… this has proven flakey with multiple problems happening in the past like when software components or possibly some root certificates change. ILM includes libraries involved with checking the signing for example. This is not an error that the licenses fail, and has nothing to do with waves licensing, so moving Waves licenses around will likely be as useful as sacrificing a goat. It is purely a problem with code signing.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 10-25-2022 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-25-2022, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Every AAX plugin uses Pace/iLok code signing. It is a part of the AAX plugin standard/requirement. Regardless of how the plugin is licensed. And ultimately this error message absolutely is triggered by the code handling that signing checking thinking it has detected a bad signature… this has proven flakey with multiple problems happening in the past like when software components or possibly some root certificates change. ILM includes libraries involved with checking the signing for example. This is not an error that the licenses fail, and has nothing to do with waves licensing, so moving Waves licenses around will likely be as useful as sacrificing a goat. It is purely a problem with code signing.
Hmmm, glad I read this before I sacrificed my poor goat

Old 10-25-2022, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Hmmm, glad I read this before I sacrificed my poor goat
Although sacrificing goats has been popular in heavy metal albums.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 10-25-2022, 05:45 PM

And they taste delicious. A friend keeps promising to cook goat biryani….
Old 10-26-2022, 12:08 PM

Which also brings to mind Adam Sandler's routine about the talking goat

Old 10-26-2022, 01:03 PM

You didn't want to post a link on DUC?
Old 10-26-2022, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokit88 View Post
I have pro tools 12.5 and windows 7 64bit
I had waves installed and it worked perfectly for years and then all of the sudden it's saying the waves axx isn't 64bit. I've tried taking the plug ins out and putting them back in. Restarting the computer. Taking the pref out and starting pro tools and still the same then putting it back and it's still the same. I don't know what to do to make this work. Help please.
If you still have that particular version of the Waves installer for your system, use the uninstaller and then reinstall.

www.sugarhillstudios713.com