Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-20-2002, 10:02 AM

Default Logic Control and PT

Anyone using Logic Control with PT and the HUI Emulator? I'm looking for a decent priced control surface and I'm also strongly considering migrating to Logic TDM in the near future so LC would seem to be the best choice for me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Sue
Old 08-21-2002, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Logic Control and PT

C'mon guys, no one is using it? Tell me it's great with no problems (I wish), tell me it sucks and I should move to Logic first. Tell me something. Thanks...

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 08:01 AM

With Logic, it's smokin'.... no 2 ways about it.

With PT, as a HUI emulator, it's not too satisfying, to be honest, but maybe I need to give it another try.

If I do, I'll post again, but my first impressions were unimpressive.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:02 AM

I mix in PT over 6 years, when i switch to Logic 5 and LC 16 faders. I don't missed PT at all, although some very simple function in PT is missing.

When using HUI emulation, it required download the LC firmware everytime. So i suggest don't use it for now. BTW, l liked LC more than HUI. i have both

regards
bobo
Old 08-21-2002, 09:47 AM

Just bought Logic Control to use with PT. I have been a Logic user for 4 years now and have just recently moved to doing 90% of my audio work with PT. In recent years, I have spent more time "fixing" logic than actually getting work done.....but thats another discussion! Anyway...Logic Control works great with PT if all you are looking for is basic functions (faders rides, pan, plug-in parameter control, transport). LC with Logic is more powerful, but that is to be expected as it was designed for that. Because of this, the labeling of buttons is for Logic, so you will probably want to relabel you unit.
I compared LC to Motormix before I purchased and for me LC was much better. Although Motormix has better overall intergration into the Pro Tools environment, it is lacking in several key areas.#1 is no touch sensitivity. You will have to go to "war" with the faders at times fighting the motor unless you change modes of operation on the Motormix first. Faders on LC "feel" better IMHO. #2 Resolution of the faders really sucks..... (.5 db) as far as I could tell unless there was some mod that I was not able to find. #3 The layout of buttons/transport on Motormix is lame at best. ......theres more but you get the idea.
If you want a control surface without the pre-amps and other unnecessary stuff that Control/24 has (including size) I think LC is the way to go.....TODAY that is!

Syn-g
www.bulletsage.com
Old 09-10-2002, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bobo mark:
I mix in PT over 6 years, when i switch to Logic 5 and LC 16 faders. I don't missed PT at all, although some very simple function in PT is missing.

When using HUI emulation, it required download the LC firmware everytime. So i suggest don't use it for now. BTW, l liked LC more than HUI. i have both

regards
bobo
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Huh? One of the design goals of the Logic Control HUI Emulation was that it's not necessary to download the firmware. Instead, the emulation takes place in the computer - not in Logic Control. Another benefit of this architecture is that you get advantage of the superior MIDI implementation, resulting in lower MIDI bandwidth usage.
Dipl.-Inform. Univ. Michael Haydn mhaydn@emagic.de
SoundDiver Group Executive http://www.emagic.de/
Logic Developer (Logic Control integration)
Emagic Soft- & Hardware GmbH - Germany Phone: +49 4101 495 0
Halstenbeker Weg 96, 25462 Rellingen Fax : +49 4101 495 199
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Old 09-11-2002, 01:55 AM

Welcome to the DUC, Michael!
Nice to see you participating here.
[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Peter