Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2000, 10:59 PM

Default The Last 440BX Digidesign shame on you!!!!!!!

Just to inform current buyers of the digi-001 the computer market has haltet all manufacturing of the trusty 440bx chipset.Putting any warranty and support issues on the motherboard side to a big????

If you are looking for a 440bx chipset good luck all local venders here in middletown usa have stopped carrying them ASUS shuttle ect have run out of stock.And pricewatch good luck if you get a defective one!!! Soon only refurbs and shady grey market boards will be available having the 440bx.

Why does this piss me off!!! Because Digidesign the self procliamed hardware guru of all time only recommends 440bx???

What position does this put new buyers in???

One that makes them buy new shakey chipsets that you have not written drivers for??

Sure you could allways go to price watch and get a asus or a abit 440bx but are they re-furbed??You never know!!!Who will give tech support on it???

815e??? Is there a rock solid stability using this board??.How can new buyers build there systems around old diss-missed technoligy??

Have yoy guy's spent so much time and money on cool bells and whistles that you forgot one of the most important things "Compatability" with new standards.

it would be one thing if the 440bx was still manufactured but it is out of production

So how do we push your product all mighty Digi when you slap the biggest $$$$ maker you have found 25-40 in the face!!!

Can you please live up to your customers and sellers by getting some damn drivers for the newer intel standard chipset. I don't feel like spending hour after hour on the phone tracking down old dusty lots of un-touched 440bx boards with no warranty and no support.

Is this a catch 22? we don't support 815e so no support from digi but the hardware (motherboards) we recommend are out of manufacturing and soon to be gone?

So in other words lets make it as look so easy in the video to use the digi-001 if you can hunt down the exotic compatable hardware?

I am sorry for coming off so harsh but this isn't a small Dae error it's a big delema you put your customers in and your other customers the ones who sell and push your popular Digi-001. I would say 9 out of 10 guy's pick the digi over the Delta motu ect.

Be proud you made a great card.But don't screw up a good thing by being burned by your own technoligy.

I will tell you one thing, the faster you develop the new drivers for intels new standard the more $$$$$ and praise you will get.

If you don't and the last 440bx is sold you will be in a major crisis because everyone who sells or builds spec PC's or the sea of GC's and MARS will simply have to build it on un-recommended chipsets.

We recommed it but duhh they don't have it or make it anymore.

Come on Digi do us right and stop wasting your R&D developing plug inn's for Butch Vig and P.O.D crap

GET SOME NEW DRIVERS!!!!!!!

Sincerly,

Your biggest Digi-001 pusher of all!!!!

Duhh guy's I am really sorry but the 440 bx is gone forever and is the chipset we built our best selling card on. We can't halp you with your issues you have to be a rock star or we dont care!!

"We want our music back digi or were going to use that program cakewalk or cubase and forget how good you are since your card wont support the computer I want!!!