Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2017, 12:30 PM

Default Re: "You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed" error

Reminder to all:

Before making any major change to your computer, please remember to image (or clone) your drive. If anything goes wrong, in a few minutes you are back up and running with a good back up plan.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-27-2017, 12:46 PM

Default Re: "You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed" error

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakeoutstudios View Post
Same issue here. Have opened a support case. Immensely frustrating, I really don't like having time wasted on things like this Avid should work out in beta testing.
Sorry for the trouble. No beta testing would have caught this as it was an issue specific to your license. Should be fixed now - replied to your support case with more info so please check your email for a case notice. Thanks!
Old 06-27-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Sorry for the trouble. No beta testing would have caught this as it was an issue specific to your license. Should be fixed now - replied to your support case with more info so please check your email for a case notice. Thanks!
That has fixed it. Many thanks for the swift response! Much appreciated.

Jason
Old 06-27-2017, 01:55 PM

Glad that helped.

For others that run into this...

The Release Date Limit was implemented with iLok licenses starting in Pro Tools 12.6. If you get the error mentioned in this thread's title, you should check your iLok license (or license bundle):
  1. Launch iLok License Manager and Sign In
  2. Right+Click on your Pro Tools license/bundle and select Show Details
  3. Check the Release Limit at the bottom to make sure it's later than the release date of Pro Tools you have installed
See this KB article for more info.

If still having trouble please...
  • Start a case in your Avid account (my.avid.com > Access The Support Center > Equipment > Create A Case)
  • Start a case via the Contact Support link here
  • Call Avid CS (choose Registration/Activation
Thanks!
Old 06-28-2017, 12:36 PM

Anyone know how long Case support is taking for this? I upgraded this morning to 12.8 and have the same issue. I have tried all the following:

1. Uninstall and reinstall iLk Manager
2. Deactivate and reactivate the assets
3. Perform synchronize (many times)
4. Reboot computer (many times)

I called in for a case and was assigned one several hours ago. If this is gonna take a couple days I'm gonna roll back to 12.7.1
Old 06-28-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhender View Post
Anyone know how long Case support is taking for this? I upgraded this morning to 12.8 and have the same issue...
Checked your case and it looks like this has been solved.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:51 AM

ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! NOT AGAIN!

This is unbelievable, it happens like every dot upgrade.

Can you please get it together Avid? I've never had so many issues with something that I and others pay so much money for. Hurry up and wait.....AGAIN!
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 06-29-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! NOT AGAIN...
Sorry for the trouble. Found/fixed the problem (please sync your iLok) and will follow up via support case.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Sorry for the trouble. Found/fixed the problem (please sync your iLok) and will follow up via support case.
Thank you Jeffro! The issue with the license is based on the fact that Avid did not update my iLok asset when I renewed my license plan, this would have been an easy fix for them if they had just paid attention to detail.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 07-03-2017, 01:18 AM

My iLok Manager says 'release limit on or before 01-04-17', but why? My subscription is valid 'till 01-04-18 and the HD Plan license shows that correctly.

I tried to deactive the license, synchronize the iLok, remove and reinstall the latest iLok Manager. I can't run Pro Tools 12.8.