Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 08:26 PM

Default IT\'S OVER___7.3 FINALLY working

Hello Digi- Please read this post!

I finally did the upgrade to 7.3 and had immediate problems.... I did an uninstall and was finally able to get PT to launch.

My problem is one I have yet to see posted.

1- When I launch from a saved session icon, PT starts to open but does not complete the opening of my saved session. I have to click on the icon a second time THEN the session will open.

2- For some reason my amplitude plugin tells me I have to re-register, when I attempted to register, PT crashes and gives me the text:
Pro Tools ran out of 82 byte tokens

3- I stopped and decided to write for answers..

PT 7.3cs1 and OSX 10.4.8-Dual G5 (4gb ram)-Waves (Gold)

Please respond asap
Bill
Old 12-19-2006, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Ok I did it......and it didn\'t work Pt 7.3 upg

I have had the same experience with PT just opening the app, but not the session. For me it happens on my HD rig every now and then. I just open the session after that, which have worked without problems and have never seen any other problem that I relate to that issue either.
Mac Pro 8 core Nehalem 2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 15 GB ram, HD2 Accel, 192 I/O, PT 10, Mac OS 10.6.8. Dedicated internal drives for system and sample libraries. Recording few tracks on a network Synology NAS. More tracks on a Western Digital external FW800 drive. VI's from NI (Komplete 7), Toontrack, Spectrasonics, IK Multimedia, Vienna, MOTU (BPM), Ivory and a bunch of other plugs.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:57 AM

Over 62 views...one response...... Has anyone else had this problem? DIGI ?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:45 PM

************ BUMP **********************

?????????????? DIGI ???????????????????????????
Old 12-20-2006, 03:32 PM

It must be pretty rare. My upgrade went without a hitch.

You HAVE repaired permissions, trashed prefs, etc. haven't you?

Have you done all the steps in the Protools Troubleshooting post? That's the first thing they'll ask you to do anyways.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Ok DIGI TECHS......Pt 7.3 it didn\'t work

Okay Digi an duc users,

I did ANOTHER total uninstall and install. I still have the same problem with opening a saved session from the session icon. I will click on the icon and pro tools will begin to open.............I'll wait for the session to open but nothing happens. Pro tools opens as if I clicked from icon in the dock not from a recent session, I have to click on the session icon again, THEN the session will open in pro tools. I also get on opening, a window prompting me to convert files for digibase pro???

DIGI, PLEASE READ THIS AND LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO, ALSO I SENT YOU A EMAIL ABOUT MY PROBLEM..PLEASE REPLY
Old 12-21-2006, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Ok DIGI TECHS......Pt 7.3 it didn\'t work

*******************************Bump*************** ****************
Old 12-21-2006, 09:41 AM

You still haven't answered this question:

"Have you done all the steps in the Protools Troubleshooting post? That's the first thing they'll ask you to do anyways. "
Old 12-21-2006, 09:57 AM

Yes I have answered the question, As my subject says.. I tried everything.
I have used Protools for years now. I have done everything from the troubleshooting guide and more, dumped the dae, com.digi phlist, preferences,ALL database from ALL drives etc......I had a perfectly stable 7.1 with 10.4.8 until the upgrade.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:01 AM

This is the Digidesign USER Conference. What you will get here is peer to peer support... If you want Tech Support you have to 'phone them.

Your second step after following all the Troubleshooting steps (delete prefs, etc.) is to remove all 3rd party plug-ins to make sure you don't have a funky plug-in screwing up your stability. Even though a plug-in isn't being used in a session if it is loaded at startup.. it can cause problems.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••