Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2012, 06:31 PM

Question Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?

This will be an easy one for someone... Trying to close sidebars aside from the arrangement window with a shortcut. I watched a video on shortcuts and the presenter used ctrl+alt or the equivalent on a mac. I am on windows. I can get the width of the mixer tracks to shrink with the key command but in the video it showed closing the track list and the groups as well as the audio files list with a shortcut... Any ideas?

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?

I know you can use window configuration.
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:14 AM

Thanks Soybalm. I will look in the shortcuts manual for that...Not sure what that means yet.

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 AM

There's a great video on using window configs when using audiosuite and turning off the red target on the upper right hand corner of the plug in window so it doesn't update to a new selection. It's just an example of what can be done. Also your markers can be used to change window settings. numerical enter brings up a marker and you can select how the windows are arranged I do believe that is pretty cool but the key combo is like .1. .2. etc. It's not a combo but rather a succession of key hits to call up your windows. I have yet to start saving templates but a template will save all these settings so every time you start a new project you can open a template and much of your work will be done.
DC
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:32 PM

Thanks as always Soybalm! But I think you are confused with what I am asking...Ya know the sidebar that has the visible tracks with the dot you can click to hide. I just am looking for a shortcut to open and close that....

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 10-05-2012, 01:21 AM

Go to the window menu and create new window config while the track list and clip list are open. that will be untitled 1. Now close your track list and clip list, create new window config. this will be untitled 2.

Now press the number pad "enter" to create and open up the marker window. This will be marker "1".
Select tick off "none" in time properties. At the bottom of that marker window, you can select your ""untitled 1" in the Window Config line where it says none. Click and your window config will appear. Close and press enter again to create marker "2". Do the same thing. "none" for time and select untitled "2".

The shortcuts are the same regardless what the marker window does for you.

to open window config 1 with the list windows open, on the number pad, press the period, let go, press "1" let go, press period. to recall the other window, press period 2 period, one key at a time. It's a real quick move. This is assuming you have the number pad set to transport under preferences/operation. If it's in classic, just press period and the number.

This is an extremely powerful feature as well as the markers. I always mark off the choruses and verses. I don't find it too much of a bother to click the mouse to close the list windows. You can also save a minimal window, a window showing plugin's etc. Is this type of thoughtfulness that makes me work with this program.
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:18 PM

Press Alt (and then release) to access the menus, then press V to access the View Menu.

Then press O. Then press T.

This toggles the Track List. Replace T with C to toggle the Clip List on the right.

It is important that you not hold Alt while pressing V, etc. Press Alt and then release. Then press V, ...

Any other menu commands for which there is no direct keyboard shortcut can be accessed this way.

E.g. to open Preferences: Alt, then S, then N.

If you have a keyboard or mouse for which you can assign macros to keys (I use a Logitech gaming keyboard, mouse, and gamepad), you can make these one-key shortcuts.

Have fun!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:40 PM

or click on the tiny arrow at/near the lower left corner

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-07-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWgEAR View Post
Press Alt (and then release) to access the menus, then press V to access the View Menu.

Then press O. Then press T.

This toggles the Track List. Replace T with C to toggle the Clip List on the right.

It is important that you not hold Alt while pressing V, etc. Press Alt and then release. Then press V, ...

Any other menu commands for which there is no direct keyboard shortcut can be accessed this way.

E.g. to open Preferences: Alt, then S, then N.

If you have a keyboard or mouse for which you can assign macros to keys (I use a Logitech gaming keyboard, mouse, and gamepad), you can make these one-key shortcuts.

Have fun!
Hi DAWgEAR.

I too am looking to create shortcuts or key commends to open & close the tracks list/groups list & the clip list. .

I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow your instructions above . . ?
Are they for creating shortcuts in the Mac preferences/keyboard/shortcuts ?

I would really appreciate some help in setting up these open close shortcuts .
Best regards . .
Josh
~ 2019 Rack Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 16 core 384 GB RAM Catalina 10.15.7 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12.0 / HDX 2 + UAD2 PCIe OCTO+QUAD / HD I/O's x 4 + 1 x 96io / Digidesign Pre's x 3 / Avid S6 M10-24 -V22.12.1.34 ~
~ Mac Pro 8 core - clover - 13 GB ram - 10.6.8 / HD5 / Pro Tools 9.0.6 / Magma PE6R4 ~ ARCHIVE RIG

~ Mac Pro (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core-32 GB RAM-10.13.6 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 / Apollo 16 / Avid S3 ~
Old 12-07-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priorytools View Post
Hi DAWgEAR.

I too am looking to create shortcuts or key commends to open & close the tracks list/groups list & the clip list. .

I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow your instructions above . . ?
Are they for creating shortcuts in the Mac preferences/keyboard/shortcuts ?

I would really appreciate some help in setting up these open close shortcuts .
Best regards . .
Josh
Read the manual(Help files) on how to show/hide the Tracks List and Clips List.
Or, click on the tiny arrow at/near the lower left corner. How much shorter than a single mouse click do you need?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave