Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2022, 07:31 PM

Default Re: 2022.9 is here!

also.. zooming in and out in the Melodyne ARA window seems to behave differently than PT edit window. As in it will not zoom to playhead

in PT edit - I click a spot on the timeline, press zoom in and the window is centered on the playhead and continues to zoom into the playhead with more presses of zoom in

in ARA Melodyne window - zoom in just zooms into whatever section is in the center of the window at any given time and disregards the playhead

anyone have any idea of a setting that might affect that? not seeing anything at first glance
Old 09-28-2022, 07:56 PM

Yeah I really want to have this on a floating window - are we sure that's not possible and were just missing something? It is really small at the bottom and it would be nice to have a window to move to another monitor (my normal workflow). I feel like this would be an easy thing to implement to just pop out and would make workflow much better. the dock is kind of annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
It sounds like several of us would love to have Melodyne as a floating window. I definitely would like a floating window.

I have got to say, I just ran a vocal session with Melodyne ARA and it was really cool! I was able to pitch correct as we comp which allowed us to know right away if the take we chose was going to be the one we want. I am very impressed with the integration and I haven't found any bugs yet.

The only thing that seemed to interrupt the workflow is that once you have several ARA clips in a track, every time you save, you get a window that says Saving ARA and it takes about 2 seconds to do it. Everything kind of freezes when that happens, so that kind of stinks. But overall, I am so grateful for the work they have put in with implementing ARA.
Old 09-29-2022, 01:06 AM

and still no M1 Silicon native...
Old 09-29-2022, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
and still no M1 Silicon native...
Don't expect Apple Silicon native code until
  • Ventura is out
  • Ventura is stable
  • The Next Place is announced

Avid is not yet in a hurry, but once Apple announces next year macOS is Apple Silicon only, then things get heated. For now, I am only guessing though, Avid is probably preparing as wide a software support as possible and they have probably not yet made final decision on what is being left behind.
Old 09-29-2022, 06:58 AM

I regret installing this version...

The bottom new area is really annoying

There is a lot of menus video glitches/alignement error (like when we scroll down the right click menu of a track)

Why do they change things people don't ask for and don't do what people ask for ? Come on Avid ! We all want multiple markers timeline !!! For years !!

My bad...
Old 10-01-2022, 10:01 AM

Hi, don't want to create a new thread for this:

since 2022.9, if I print my mix through an audio print track, it creates dual mono files (L+R) instead of a stereo file previously.

Seems to be the same when committing stereo tracks (like VI to audio).

I couldn't find an option to change this behaviour, anyone knows if it's possible / how to do it?
Old 10-01-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Jack View Post
Melodyne is neat but I'd rather have a floating window than that bottom docked/tabbed thing - I never used that for midi either.
I too would prefer the option of a floating window.

Ej
Old 10-01-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flandybob View Post
Hi, don't want to create a new thread for this:

since 2022.9, if I print my mix through an audio print track, it creates dual mono files (L+R) instead of a stereo file previously.

Seems to be the same when committing stereo tracks (like VI to audio).

I couldn't find an option to change this behaviour, anyone knows if it's possible / how to do it?
Have you checked Session Setup to make sure it's set to Interleaved?
Old 10-01-2022, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevvahhh View Post
installed and doing some work in 2022.9 at the moment, interesting that you cant't use elastic audio and ARA at the same time... I'm so used to quantizing in elastic audio for the past 15 or so years that trusting Melodyne with the quantization feels wrong... can always commit but who wants to do that haha

onward and upward, working fine so far for production
I ran into that as well. I was accessing melodyne in the same way I access elastic audio. I am wondering if you access melodyne by right clicking if that makes a difference? I often quantize audio based on custom groove quantizes so I’m not sure how all of this will work just yet. Hope to do do testing tomorrow.

Ej
Old 10-01-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
Have you checked Session Setup to make sure it's set to Interleaved?
Duh! That was it... I guess the update to 2022.9 changed it somehow because it did interleaved on stereo on a previous print on the same session.

Thanks!