Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-22-2006, 07:34 AM

Default DAE ERROR 1115 on Dell Inspiron 6400

Hi

I am trying to run PTLE 6.9 with a 002 Rack on my brand-new Dell Inspiron 6400 on windows XP Pro SP2. I have read these threads and digidesigns support answerbase documents and tried most of the suggestions there including:

disabling bluetooth, wireless, multicore, speed-stepping, power-management, stripping down my start-up and hardware profiles etc

but I cannot get my pro tools to launch without the 'DAE ERROR 1115' popping up during the start-up sequence...

I haven't tried disabling onboard audio as I gather this will only marginally improve performance and shouldn't be the cause of any major errors, nor have I yet tried newer versions of PTLE as I purchased the 002 with PT 6.7 and have to shell out $75AUD to download PT 7.0...

From what I can gather some users have managed to get PTLE running on Inspiron laptops...is there something fundemental I am missing? Should I try PTLE 7.0 or 7.1cs9? is my chipset one of those damn incompatible jobs?

Any suggestions from other Inspiron users or PTLE users in general would be great...

I'm not too far away from giving up and looking into other software that might be compatible with the 002 Rack...any suggestions there?

ps...I do have some sony software installed called 'Sonic Stage' that I use to transfer music to my minidisc player...surely this wouldn't cause any trouble???

anyway here are my specs

SiSoftware Sandra

System
Host Name : BERRI
User : Cisco
Workgroup : WORKGROUP

Processor
Model : Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2500 @ 2.00GHz
Speed : 2.00GHz
Performance Rating : PR6784 (estimated)
Cores per Processor : 2 Unit(s)
Threads per Core : 1 Unit(s)
Type : Mobile, Dual-Core
Internal Data Cache : 2x 32kB Synchronous, Write-Thru, 8-way set, 64 byte line size
L2 On-board Cache : 2MB ECC Synchronous, ATC, 8-way set, 64 byte line size, 2 threads sharing

Mainboard
Bus(es) : ISA X-Bus PCI PCIe USB FireWire/1394 i2c/SMBus
MP Support : No
MP APIC : No
System BIOS : AT/AT COMPATIBLE DELL - 27d60609
Mainboard : Dell Inc. 0KD882
Total Memory : 2GB DDR2-SDRAM

Chipset 1
Model : Dell Computer Corp 955XM/945GM/PM/GMS/940GML Express Processor to DRAM Controller
Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 166MHz (664MHz data rate)
Total Memory : 2GB DDR2-SDRAM
Shared Memory : 8MB
Memory Bus Speed : 4x 166MHz (664MHz data rate)

Video System
Monitor/Panel : Plug and Play Monitor
Adapter : Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
Adapter : Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

Physical Storage Devices
Hard Disk : ST96023AS (54GB)
CD-ROM/DVD : _NEC DVD+-RW ND-6650A (CD 24X Rd, 24X Wr) (DVD 3X Rd, 3X Wr)

Logical Storage Devices
Hard Disk (C:) : 51GB (30GB, 58% Free Space) (NTFS)
CD-ROM/DVD (D:) : N/A

Peripherals
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC
USB Controller/Hub : USB Root Hub
FireWire/1394 Controller/Hub : OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
Keyboard : Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse : Synaptics PS/2 Port Pointing Device

Communication Device(s)
Device : Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem

Printers and Faxes
Model : Fax

Power Management
AC Line Status : On-Line
Battery No 1 : 39%

Operating System(s)
Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Professional 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 2)

Network Services
Adapter : Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

Performance Tips
Notice 5901 : CD 1x= 150kB/s; Exercise caution when comparing measured versus published ratings.
Notice 5902 : DVD 1x= 11.08Mbps Exercise caution when comparing measured versus published ratings.
Tip 2 : Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for more information about the tip.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 07:54 AM

Default Re: DAE ERROR 1115 on Dell Inspiron 6400

Quote:
I haven't tried disabling onboard audio as I gather this will only marginally improve performance and shouldn't be the cause of any major errors
You definitely want to reconsider that line of thought. Too many people have thought "This shouldn't be a problem" only to find out that it is. From a search of the answerbase for "1115" (which I thought you said you did already):
Quote:
In one case disabling the " Uni Modem Halfplex Audio Device " in Sound, video & game controllers in the Device Manger and restarting computer solved the problem.

Here's how:
Right-click on My Computer and choose "Properties". Click on the Hardware tab. Click on the Device Manager button. Open the category: Sound, video and game controllers. Right-click on Uni Modem Halfplex Audio Device and disable it. Restart computer.

So, as you see, it could cause a problem. I would recommend disabling any hardware that you aren't using for Pro Tools, especially the modem (how many people still use them?) THen once you get Pro Tools working, you can turn them back on one at a time to find out which ones work, and which ones cause a conflict.

Here are a few more solutions from the answerbase in case that doesn't work:
Quote:
On some Windows XP computers, if a DAE error -6096 or -1115 occur, or you experience random communication problems between Digi 002 and Pro Tools, try disabling "PCI to DRAM prefetch" in the BIOS Setup utility.
and
Quote:
In one case, updating the Pace system files from www.paceap.com solved the problem.

1) Go to www.paceap.com
2) Click on Downloads
3) Click on Drivers
4) Download latest Windows Interlok drivers.
5) Run the installer
6) Reboot
7) Launch Pro Tools LE
You definitely need to have the latest PACE drivers installed.

I would also very much like to recommend upgrading to version 7. You will not be able to take advantage of the dual core features of your computer with the older version; I even think it is recommended to turn off one core when using Pro Tools with the older versions and dual core processors.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 08-26-2006, 02:21 AM

Thanks for the advice....

I've already installed the pace drivers and my BIOS doesn't have an option for the following:

Quote:
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

On some Windows XP computers, if a DAE error -6096 or -1115 occur, or you experience random communication problems between Digi 002 and Pro Tools, try disabling "PCI to DRAM prefetch" in the BIOS Setup utility.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

However, I will give onboard audio a try, thanks for setting me straight...

I've recently also downloaded the 7.0 upgrade so tomorrow I'm going to use all the info and advice I have gathered, get some help from my more PC-savvy brother and make a final charge at getting this software working...

I'll let you know how it goes so that other novices with Inspirons might learn from my struggle!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 10:37 PM

Hi

For those who are interested I have now tried almost everything to get my Dell Inspiron 6400 (specs above) running PTLE with my 002 Rack…BUT I’m still consistently receiving ‘DAE ERROR 1115’ during PT launch.

For future users here is a list of everything that I have done: (Not necessarily in order)

General Windows Optimisation

-Installed latest Windows XP updates
-Reinstalled PT LE 7.1 and updated to LE 7.1cs9
-Reinstalled PACE interlok drivers
-Enabled DMA for IDE hard drives
-Set ‘Power Management’ to ‘Always on’
-Disabled Cleartype Font Smoothing
-Set ‘Processor Scheduling’ to ‘Background Services’
-Set ‘Memory Usage’ to ‘System Cache’
-Disabled System Startup Items and Services
-Deleted DAE and Pro Tools preference files
-Deleted the Digidesign Databases folders for all hard drives

In My Computer > Hardware > Device Manager

-Disabled onboard audio
-Disabled Network Adapters
-Disabled Wireless
-Disabled Bluetooth
-Disabled internal Modem
-Disabled Ricoh Stick Host Controller
-Disabled Ricoh MMC Host controller
-Disabled Ricoh xD-Picture Card Host Controller
-Disabled SCSI/RAID Host Controllers
-Set all USB Root Hubs ‘Power Management’ to disallow the computer to turn of device to save power.

In BIOS

-Disabled Speed-Stepping
-Disabled Multicore Support
-Disabled Network Adapter
-Disabled WI-FI and Bluetooth
-Set Hard-drive Acoustic mode to ‘Performance’

As far as I can see the only option remaining is to install the Windows XP Dual Core Hoxfix available from Microsoft, although at this point I think I'm beat.

Anyway I’ll try the Hotfix tomorrow when Microsoft’s Customer Support is open and perhaps even give the DIGIDESIGN tech helpline a call to see if anyone there has anything to offer.

If any other users can see something missing from my list please let me know and I’ll gladly give it a try…otherwise stay away from DELL Inspiron 6400 if you want to use PTLE…Failing a miracle or some magic from Microsoft's Hotfix I'm regrettably switching to SONAR or LOGIC…

More detailed instructions on how to execute the above system changes can be found in your PT 'Getting Started' Book, on the DUC here <http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...part=1#802377> and a few fairly useless bits and peices on the answerbase here <http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...AE+ERROR+1115>
Old 09-09-2006, 07:05 AM

Did you ever get this working? Im looking at getting a 6400 but am kinda put of by this. Would like some confirmation...
1GB RAM
2 X Seagate Barracuda 80GB HDD
Novation Remote SL MIDI Controller
Old 09-22-2006, 07:33 PM

Hi

well ... I have PT LE 7.1 running on several machines, inspiron 6400 included .... in most cases i experience a sudden blast of noise upon playback following records ... but that is another subject.

The Inspiron 6400 in my view is a dreadful machine. It has a known ground loop problem that causes a hum if you plug in audio devices via fireiwre (the work around is to plug the power plug into an ungrounded socket, stupidly enough) ..., it also mishandles and drops drivers, won't come out of standby. Among other things, these should be reason enought to stay away from dell 6400.

I get the same error -1115 when my control surface (a Tascam 1884) is running with pro-tools ... since these involve firewire connetcions I suggest your problem is firewire related.

Not much you can do as digi recommends installing a firewire card (approved by them) to fix ...

i'd junk the 6400 and get an approved desktop as per digi's specs

Andy