Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > MBOX Studio

Old 04-21-2024, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Mbox Studio Playback WAV

Right, yes sorry you gave easily enough info to know it's not the playback software. And so still this makes no sense.

I'm not saying it's not happening but I cannot make sense of any way this could happen. Again especially if you are using the same software outputs then you get the same monitoring signal treatment (and I know yes you have turned them off). As far as I know there is no per-app monitor control settings/per-app monitor profiles that could be causing stuff here (I'm thinking of things that might be there in Mbox Control and not properly be turned off even if they say they are).

Things like bouncing to a PCM/WAV file, at the same sample rate as sessions etc. might be worth doing in other cases but here you know the output to the other interfaces with these WAV files do not suffer from problems.

I'd just be returning it if possible, the problem can remain a mystery.

If you purchased this retail can you ask the seller to let you do a test with your unit and a demo unit in the store? Just use their computer if possible. Somebody else on DUC had a really weird interface problem (not an Mbox Studio) and I was really impressed how much their retailer tried to help them out with testing demo units etc.
Old 04-22-2024, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Right, yes sorry you gave easily enough info to know it's not the playback software. And so still this makes no sense.

I'm not saying it's not happening but I cannot make sense of any way this could happen. Again especially if you are using the same software outputs then you get the same monitoring signal treatment (and I know yes you have turned them off). As far as I know there is no per-app monitor control settings/per-app monitor profiles that could be causing stuff here (I'm thinking of things that might be there in Mbox Control and not properly be turned off even if they say they are).

Things like bouncing to a PCM/WAV file, at the same sample rate as sessions etc. might be worth doing in other cases but here you know the output to the other interfaces with these WAV files do not suffer from problems.

I'd just be returning it if possible, the problem can remain a mystery.

If you purchased this retail can you ask the seller to let you do a test with your unit and a demo unit in the store? Just use their computer if possible. Somebody else on DUC had a really weird interface problem (not an Mbox Studio) and I was really impressed how much their retailer tried to help them out with testing demo units etc.

"Right, yes sorry you gave easily enough info to know it's not the playback software. And so still this makes no sense."

It doesn't make sense.

"I'm not saying it's not happening but I cannot make sense of any way this could happen. Again especially if you are using the same software outputs then you get the same monitoring signal treatment (and I know yes you have turned them off). As far as I know there is no per-app monitor control settings/per-app monitor profiles that could be causing stuff here (I'm thinking of things that might be there in Mbox Control and not properly be turned off even if they say they are)."

I have manipulated, factory reset, and gone through the manual extensively with the Mbox Control. I also have wiped out Mbox software and reinstalled.

"I'd just be returning it if possible, the problem can remain a mystery."

Here's the situation. I bought a an Mbox Studio last month and I was having these issues. I decided to buy a new one just to make sure the open boxed one was not the issue. And I am having the audio issues.

I went ahead an installed the drivers and software on a sperate machine (my laptop) with Win 10. And the same WAV files are playing back fine.

So there is an issue with my new PC and possibly Win 11. However, my new PC is doing fine with the Eleven Rack (minus the editor) and Mbox 3 Mini.

"If you purchased this retail can you ask the seller to let you do a test with your unit and a demo unit in the store? Just use their computer if possible. Somebody else on DUC had a really weird interface problem (not an Mbox Studio) and I was really impressed how much their retailer tried to help them out with testing demo units etc"

I'm going to call Avid tomorrow since my Mbox Studio is under warranty.
Old 04-25-2024, 06:39 PM

I called avid customer support and they talked to me and took my information and never called me back.

Really sad. I've owned every Mbox generation and am a current pro tools subscriber.

This is the first time I've had terrible service from Avid.