Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2010, 06:10 PM

Default HELP ME!!! my protools keeps glitching and stopping

pleas help me out my pro tools keep stoping i have 4 tracks made and and on each of them i only have one plug in on the track for example i have boom the drum sequence software playing and i have another track playin ( some bass line recorded) and on the other two i just have piano and vocals.but when i just have the both just playing through so when im writing i have a beat to play to etc and work from that .out of no where it would glitch and sometimes stop and a window would come up saying decrease the buffer size etc and take out some plug ins.iv decreased the buffer size to the lowest it will go and i only have one plug in on each track and thats even without the any compressors or anything on the tracks ???? i dont know what to do i am new to pro tools and i do not know what to do if some one could please help me that would be great because i some ideas that i would like to play live and i do not want it to start glitching and stoping

thank you for reading
Old 04-09-2010, 07:26 AM

Default Re: HELP ME!!! my protools keeps glitching and stopping

When I first loaded up PTLE, I had some issues like this - they were all solved when I went through the general troubleshooting thread, as well as making sure my mac was optimized for PTLE. All the specifics are in the sticky at the top of the forum titled "General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools LE and HD on Mac OS X"

Take some time to go through it, it really should help resolve your problems.

Brian
Old 04-09-2010, 08:10 AM

cheers man what is ptle?? i am not sure a what this means im new to all this digidesign talk haha
Old 04-09-2010, 08:17 AM

iv had a read through thread and i really cant understand it its not making any sense to me at all and i dont know which point is relevant to me im really getting confused
Old 04-09-2010, 08:44 AM

Well, PTLE = PRO TOOLS LE....that is the software you're using, yes? In order for us to help you, we need to know what you have in your system. What kind of computer, how much RAM, the processor, etc, what are you using for your hard-drive, etc? My initial "guess" is you're using the system hard-drive and it's just not meant for this. Am I correct, or are you using an external hard-drive? If you are using an external hard-drive, it's not USB is it? AND if you are, it's not some off the shelf cheap drive either, is it?
Old 04-09-2010, 08:52 AM

Is Tamara home?

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 04-09-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A V A View Post
cheers man what is ptle?? i am not sure a what this means im new to all this digidesign talk haha
Sorry, guess I shouldn't have assumed you didn't know that. Anyway - to kind of just reiterate what was said above - if you have specific issues that you can't resolve, a bunch of info will be needed for anyone to really help you.

When I first got Pro Tools - which was only within the last year so I'm no expert or anything, I read through tons of posts on the forum (DUC) and learned a LOT, and had quite a lot of questions answered without even asking them or taking up space out here.

Digidesign Support is also out here occasionally and will help - but you have to take the time to really learn about Pro Tools and your system and not just ask questions like "why isn't this working?" - because there could be any number of reasons why.

It's not a plug-n-play app, that's for sure. :)

Brian
Old 04-09-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
Well, PTLE = PRO TOOLS LE....that is the software you're using, yes? In order for us to help you, we need to know what you have in your system. What kind of computer, how much RAM, the processor, etc, what are you using for your hard-drive, etc? My initial "guess" is you're using the system hard-drive and it's just not meant for this. Am I correct, or are you using an external hard-drive? If you are using an external hard-drive, it's not USB is it? AND if you are, it's not some off the shelf cheap drive either, is it?

mac osx 10.6.3

processor 2ghz intel core 2 due
memory 2gb 1067 mhz ddr3

yes i am using the systems hard drive as i do not have the money to buy a external hard drive yet but i will do soon and i plan on getting a usb one and it will be a seagate 500gb its all i can afford right now at this time

and i do know that pro tools is not a plug and play system it is quit complexed and i do want to learn i do try and read the posts but im am so so so confused and then my add kicks in sorry guys if i annoy anyone by asking

thanks for the help guys i do appreciate it
Old 04-09-2010, 11:27 AM

Don't get a USB drive, no good for audio. You need a FireWire drive.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:29 AM

And there's the problem---the internal drive. You MUST have an external firewire hard-drive, and a good one at that. I know what you need, but I'm going to refrain this time and NOT say it! Was that better, KeyBets?